+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barnsley v Tranmere Rovers Match Thoughts

Unconvincing performance but as the nation has just seen at Crawley , it's the FA cup .

We've got through to round 4 , job done .

Credit to Tranmere for making the game difficult and with any luck they'd have been in front at half time .

Different kettle of fish next Saturday night and I'm sure we will be much better against a very good Swansea outfit .

Tranmere Rovers played very well defensively and it’s a long time since I’ve seen a side at Oakwell get so many defensive blocks in.

You my all well laugh but Kane was MOTM today for me closely followed by Styles.

I like James but I don’t think he would have made a difference today in a typical FA Cup tie. Whether that’s the case on Saturday night against the Swans is another matter we will see.

Kane needs to be given a decent starting run now and I’m sure he will be a very good player us.

How about the pitch the worst I’ve seen for years is it down to cost cutting or the short close season.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Tranmere Rovers played very well defensively and it’s a long time since I’ve seen a side at Oakwell get so many defensive blocks in.

You my all well laugh but Kane was MOTM today for me closely followed by Styles.

I like James but I don’t think he would have made a difference today in a typical FA Cup tie. Whether that’s the case on Saturday night against the Swans is another matter we will see.

Kane needs to be given a decent starting run now and I’m sure he will be a very good player us.

How about the pitch the worst I’ve seen for years is it down to cost cutting or the short close season.
    Agree Kane needs a good run in the side , he's not had that since he arrived from Liverpool and with James gone the opportunity is there for him .

Looking across the PL and the championship there's quite a few pitches not up to there usual standard so I guess it must be down to playing in the summer and a very short close season .

Pitch looked awful, agree Woodrow didn’t have a good game but he hasn’t played well for ages! Andersen MOM for me never thought I would ever have said that?
    Nobody got past him today, he was constantly shouting at others to watch players, concentrate and keep their shape!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Pitch looked awful, agree Woodrow didn’t have a good game but he hasn’t played well for ages! Andersen MOM for me never thought I would ever have said that?
    Nobody got past him today, he was constantly shouting at others to watch players, concentrate and keep their shape!
    There is a good player in there with Anderson, needs good coaching and he will do well. I hope so, the fans were rightly on his back at the beginning, but hopefully he ones booing him will have seen the improvement and encourage him when they are back in the ground.
    Sibbick too. I hope he gets a chance to do the same.
    Love to Palmer get a good run .

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Keep going you lads, I have money invested in you today.
    Well they/Tranny have never won at our place, so i reckon that was a safe bet.
    But the Fa cup is still a nuisance to us if im honest.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123