+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We haven't beaten them at home since 2014, but we've only played them three times in that time.

Three months since they've won away from home.

Our injury list is quite extensive Edwards, Butcher, Fuchs, McNulty. Add to that Pawlett being suspended and McMullan now deeming himself not good enough for the Premiership. Still, I can't see them making us that kind of price based on those factors.
    MM was saying during the week that McNulty is actually fine and thankfully there was no fractures and he’s been back training all this week. May not start but certainly should be on bench today. Also, even if Edwards was fit it would be excessively harsh to have dropped Lewis Neilson to make way as I thought he was exceptional last week up at the sheep pen.

Pitch inspection 12 oclock. Looks like we cant afford to put heating on.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    It was down to about -7 last night mate. Under soil heating is only effective to a degree - we’ve got to hope that the combination of continuing with the under soil heating plus the air temp warming through the morning combine to make it playable for k.o.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It was down to about -7 last night mate. Under soil heating is only effective to a degree - we’ve got to hope that the combination of continuing with the under soil heating plus the air temp warming through the morning combine to make it playable for k.o.
    Ah ok , fingers crossed then

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Doesn't look good does it, given it's still probably below zero out there?

It's probably the first time the undersoil heating has been used for a long time? I think the last time it failed was due to a faulty section of pipework causing a frozen area in the middle of the park. If there's an issue it could quite easily be something like this as a system as old as ours, you don't know if it's fully working until you try it. A pitch inspection to me would suggest something is wrong.

They played last night at hampden and it looked pretty cold 🥶

Hope the match is on - don’t want fixture congestion and tbh I want to watch the match today

If need be I notice that a couple of games in Scotland have already been rearranged for tomorrow. I think things are getting a bit milder over the next 24 hours. Could be that this may happen as they don’t have to worry about inconveniencing fans etc

Bairns were skating on caird park golf course yesterday, never seen that before.

Fingers crossed game is on. Looking forward to it. Got the pies in and few bottles chilling nicely in the fridge. Also tribute to the great man planned for today.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)