+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: St Johnstone

St Johnstone

Important match as we enter transfer window and in trying to maintain top 6

Two draws so far - opening match I felt quite even though we conceded silly goal.

The draw away was at peak back 5 and defend. I thought St J seemed a decent side then and we did well to get the clean sheet.

I think genuinely St J are one of the better of the bottom sides and maybe they deserve to be further up the table.

Obviously hoping and expecting that United get the 3 points but expect it will be tight.

Could be another good match for shanks to start firing.

Starting 11

Benji
    Smith Reynolds Connolly Robson
    Bolton Harkes Clark Sporle
    Shanks Appere

Come on United !!!!

huge game, this quarter our home games (no particular order) are Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, St John, St Mirren and Livi, our away games are hamilton (plastic), Killie (plastic), Ross County, Rangers, Mwell. We haven't won on the road since the first two games of the season, so home games are our best chance of getting 3pts, and 3 of them against the top four teams.

Agreed - very important match and we need to pick up some wins this month.

Top 6 is attainable and would avoid any relegation risks at end of season, as well as having outside chance of Europe.

Looked on betfair and our odds are 3.35 - St J are big favourites for match at 2.4.

Don’t understand how they can be favourites with their league position and where we are ok at home ?!?

Maybe the injury list but I’d still say teams quite closely matched and we are at home

Massive match for us today

Just hope we’ve kept the heating on! It’s -5• here just now

Are you boys struggling for a team?
    Fermers are odds on!

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Are you boys struggling for a team?
    Fermers are odds on!
    Just seen that. Incredible odds given the form. Saints haven't won in the league since 6th Nov!

Utd 7/2 - Saints 10/11

Would like to see this team.

Siegrist
    Smith Connolly Reynolds Robson
    Bolton Powers Harkes Appere
    Clark Shankland

Attack the f*ckers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Just seen that. Incredible odds given the form. Saints haven't won in the league since 6th Nov!

Utd 7/2 - Saints 10/11
    I am scratching my head with those odds !!?!!

We have a few injuries but we are higher up in league and played well in last few matches

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I am scratching my head with those odds !!?!!

We have a few injuries but we are higher up in league and played well in last few matches
    Possibly the odds reflect the fact that we haven’t beaten St Johnstone at Tannadice since the year dot.

Hopefully we’ll change that today and that we do it for Jim.

We haven't beaten them at home since 2014, but we've only played them three times in that time.

Three months since they've won away from home.

Our injury list is quite extensive Edwards, Butcher, Fuchs, McNulty. Add to that Pawlett being suspended and McMullan now deeming himself not good enough for the Premiership. Still, I can't see them making us that kind of price based on those factors.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)