+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FA cup

FA cup

Am I missing something ? The FA are considering what to do with the teams/fixtures that can’t be fulfilled due to COVID.
    Did they do much considering when they threw us out of the competition ?

Totally agree if you cant field a side then you are out.

They did the same to Leyton Orient in the league cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    Am I missing something ? The FA are considering what to do with the teams/fixtures that can’t be fulfilled due to COVID.
    Did they do much considering when they threw us out of the competition ?
    Perhaps it has a little to do with the teams now involved?

Sean Dyche now saying that footballers should be high up the list of those getting the vaccine as it would save the NHS money as they are currently being tested 3 or 4 times a week. Does he have a good point?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Sean Dyche now saying that footballers should be high up the list of those getting the vaccine as it would save the NHS money as they are currently being tested 3 or 4 times a week. Does he have a good point?

That’s exactly my point and shows the inconsistencies in football not to mention the prejudice and disregard of us non league peasants !

Aren’t the clubs paying for all of the testing? We know Notts have been, and that’s always been the stumbling block when trying to introduce more testing across all leagues.

As for the rules, they changed when it got to the first round proper, so we unfortunately lost out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thordardaughter View Post
    That’s exactly my point and shows the inconsistencies in football not to mention the prejudice and disregard of us non league peasants !
    Talking of which, it seems both Villa and Derby have suffered covid outbreaks at the clubs. Both have put their first team squads and management in isolation but plan to fulfil their third round fixtures this weekend by playing teams made up of Under-23 and Under-18 players. Our game has been called off because of one positive test at Eastleigh. How does that work?

Lets be clear football covid tests are being paid privately NONE are on the NHS.

Dyche has said the ones who need it most should obviously get it first id need to hear how the plan would work.

As for Derby/Villa they dont have to play they can cancel and play it another time but they obviously dont care about the cup.

The question is should teams get a choice ? Shrewsbury have been allowed to cancel but we werent were we.

Its a matter of time before its stopped again now 1000 plus deaths are happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Talking of which, it seems both Villa and Derby have suffered covid outbreaks at the clubs. Both have put their first team squads and management in isolation but plan to fulfil their third round fixtures this weekend by playing teams made up of Under-23 and Under-18 players. Our game has been called off because of one positive test at Eastleigh. How does that work?
    I think it might be because PL/Champ teams are paying to be tested 3 times a week so its less risky.

I agree with you though Elite its a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I think it might be because PL/Champ teams are paying to be tested 3 times a week so its less risky.

I agree with you though Elite its a farce.
    In that case, does it cost the NHS anything? If the club are doing it solely 'in house' - buying the testing kits, carrying out the tests, analysing the results, then of course they aren't. So why would it save costs for the NHS by giving footballers the vaccine early?

Or maybe the NHS are paying for the tests?

In that case, does it cost the NHS anything? If the club are doing it solely 'in house' - buying the testing kits, carrying out the tests, analysing the results, then of course they aren't. So why would it save costs for the NHS by giving footballers the vaccine early?

Or maybe the NHS are paying for the tests?
    The clubs are paying, none of the testing is done free or by the NHS in the top league that was made clear from the start.

I guess Dyche is saying the money the clubs are paying would be of better use going to the NHS.

My opinon is they shouldnt be playing at the minute as its not sport when results are affected by Covid but mainly its not safe to do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast