+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Leaving manager’s eleven v DHB

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Ach 2-1 defeat after going down to 10 in first half hour and being 2-0 down early in 2nd half will be seen as a good result by DM end his cronies .
    And that folks is the biggest part of the problem right fkn there.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Cosgrove wasn't so bad late on but that .... I don't even know what to call it.... miss? Attempt? early on was simply not good enough. Pivotal moment in the match for me.
    Aye it was a classic from our multi million pound striker, no doubt he has added another few quid to his ever escalating value with "finishing" and "composure" of that standard........... class !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Winna quote but that's a great post Moog

I was out and out scunnered. Its almost two years since I set foot in Pittodrie. Sevco in the cup,1-1,celebrated like a win, "oh Derek McInnes" echoing. It was the final straw. There were 6 home games left that season. I didnt bother and even booked a Dutch/German fitba sojourn on the weekend of the Celtic game as they could win the league that day and I wanted to be as far away as we were bound to meekly lay down and let it happen. It did happen. I never renewed my season ticket that summer and haven't since

Since then I have found myself feeling more and more detached from the club I have followed for 30 years. Not because I am not there. Its because of the pish that comes out of it. Unsackable sh@tehouse manager, a chairman who is all bravado but has done very little to change anything, an old chairman who's legacy is despicable still kicking about and was not voted out by shareholders, Considine and his strong rangers chat, Europe being like a trophy to too many fans, McInnes fluffers being like a cult, our big game record being f@cking abysmal, our celtic record being even more abysmal, our sevco record heading in a bad direction(1 home win since we played them first and it was first),well.and truly accepting the makey uppy status quo(club and fans), the f@cking sickening "remember McGhee" attitudes of too many, our signing policy and our distinct lack of ambition(again club and fans) I could go on and on. Everything with the club is wrong* and has been for too long

There were cracks prior to jacking it too, especially allowing the manager time off to flash his frillies at sevco and sevco being promoted to the Prem and the media circle jerk that came along with it. But there was also not taking advantage of the Deila days.

I thought when I jacked in playing fitba it would be the Dons until I shuffled of this mortal coil. Started off well now I have banished myself and am actually glad I did.

I think the club are in a very precarious position just now. Three summers ago, we lost 1000 season tickets(me included), the summer after another 1000 chucked it. Last summer is skewed by the state of the world and fear of fianancial difficulties for the club bringing out new ST holders, folk that were set to jack keeping etc. But again the fitba has been sh@te this season. The generosity will not last another summer. Our home for since the start of 2019 has a win percentage of under 50%.that is f@cking well and truly unacceptable. Surely to f@ck even the happiest of clappers see our club are a bit sh@t now and need big changes. Cormack must notice this too. This coming summer is big. Do we stick as the stalest club in the land or Does our loudmouth chairman do something about the "challenger brand" being sh@te,or was that just the bravado again.

Important times ahead

*barring Community work
    Good post, Paccers, sums it up for a lot of us

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Aye it was a classic from our multi million pound striker, no doubt he has added another few quid to his ever escalating value with "finishing" and "composure" of that standard........... class !!!!
    We’ll never get another chance to offload him for millions again , that really was a horrendous miss ....

We’ll never get another chance to offload him for millions again , that really was a horrendous miss ....
    Aye min, at the this rate we will be fkn lucky to give him away on a free ffs, we are stuck with him. we're doomed I tell ya doomed.

Keep on clapping happy ��
    No happy clapping here. I merely said I thought we showed enough in the early stages and even at times after the sending off to suggest we could have won the game if we'd had 11 on the pitch. If our "star striker" could kick the ball with his left foot we should have been 1-0 up. He looked like a 5 year old trying to kick the ball with his bad foot, rather than a professional footballer.

We shoot ourselves in the foot a lot in these games - not sure on the stats but the number of red cards we get and penalties we give away against Rangers and Celtic is ridiculous.

I criticise McInnes when I don't think he's got the team up for it, or when he gets the tactics or lineup wrong - which happens fairly frequently on both counts. However yesterday I thought we did look up for it, and once we went down to 10 men I thought he did the sensible thing in terms of changes. I would have left Wright on, but I think he was likely taken off due to fitness rather than tactical reasons. The only change I'd maybe have made to the starting line up was to leave one of the lumps of wood on the bench and have Kennedy on from the start out wide, and Hedges alongside Wright more centrally.

10 penalties and 8 red cards since 2016 v The Rangers alone. No matter what you think of refs and conspiracy, that’s shocking and a big issue that the club need to sort out ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    10 penalties and 8 red cards since 2016 v The Rangers alone. No matter what you think of refs and conspiracy, that’s shocking and a big issue that the club need to sort out ourselves!
    Yet, if you go through each of those would we ( Dons fans ) not find most of them a case of utter hunnery bias ??

First that sprigs to mind bing Csgrove sending off at ba`tard garden by getting kicked on the foot by Goldson ?

( Ys, I am a bit biased myself . But come on ?? Yesterday, Hedges . Red Card ?? Morelos isn`t one to dve is he ?? Heck of a thump he got falling over. Needed the spongeman and a !! )

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    I knew someone would have the stats available! Any idea what the same stats are against Celtic? That's a crazy number against Rangers in what must be about 18 matches in that period of time?

Sadly the stats on penalties and red cards, highlight that we’re not too “smart”.

I’ve been a Dons fan all my life ( 1st game 1963 v Third Lanark at Pittodrie). How can our team win when we lack basic discipline? Think of the gormless Cosgrove challenge at Ibrox last year … at the outer margin of the pitch.

As soon as Hedges was sent off yesterday, we knew we were beaten - it’s all tough enough playing with 11 against Rangers but with 10, no chance. We needed the Wright/Hedges combo firing to have any chance.

To me it’s a prerequisite of the sport that you know the Laws. You can call Hedges sending off harsh, but it’s clear he intentionally handled Morelos’s arm with his hand. What do you think Morelos will do? Yes, tumble in the box!!! Read the Laws, and voila, a penalty and a sending off. Had Morelos scored, at least at 1-0, we had a chance.

The problem is that our players and management are not “ smart “. Look at Scott Brown and I’m not a fan but , he’s a “ smart “ player, always involved in the affray but always comes out smiling and smelling the roses.

Everyone at Pittodrie needs to wisen up, and realize that to have any chance, we need to “ use the heid” and bring some football intelligence to what we’re doing.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast