+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Leaving manager’s eleven v DHB

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ve seen no evidence to back this up whatsoever
    Open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If you're the same vintage as me then we've certainly been lucky.

It's not the downs, it's the boredom that finishes you off.
    Probably around the same vintage, I did see the last few months of the fifties.

I also agree we have been extremely lucky. After surviving the 60's and early seventies we had the most wonderful 80's just at the right time for our age. Best club in Europe, us, really? So glad to have witnessed that and been part of it as a fan.

For now I think that our team has been very unfortunate in that I can't recall the last time we had all of our top team players fit. To compete against the old (and new) Scum, we need that.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    For now I think that our team has been very unfortunate in that I can't recall the last time we had all of our top team players fit. To compete against the old (and new) Scum, we need that.
    That is because we actively scout injury prone players and bring them on board in the hope they turn good. Along with their poor work ethic and fragile confidence in a lot of cases... not all... then we really are handicapped before we start. Like you I witnessed the good times but I do not expect them again but what I do expect is for the players and management team to give it their best. Neither on the whole do.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Positive encouragement certainly produces better results than crushing negativity.
    I agree, something our manager seems to have missed going into big games.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314