+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby out

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    The thread is embarrassing
    I suggest you save your embarrassment for the matchday thread, the performance makes anything on this thread pale into absolute insignificance.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I suggest you save your embarrassment for the matchday thread, the performance makes anything on this thread pale into absolute insignificance.
    The thread is something a 10 year old would put up
    Tossing yourself off over chorley beating a bunch of kids is embarrassing

The thread is something a 10 year old would put up
    Tossing yourself off over chorley beating a bunch of kids is embarrassing
    As usual, you decide why the thread was put up in the first place.

It was actually put up as a warning, obviously went unheeded by our supposed 1st team professionals and their supporting acts, that you don't take anything for granted in the FA cup, and I stand by the statement regarding what the Derby youngsters SHOULD have done, at least put up a performance, rather than play as though they had just met, (but then again, having watched Leeds v Crawley, it seems that pi55 poor performances are catching).

At least in Derbys case they had the excuse that they did field a whole load of their youth squad players, we can't even offer than as some kind of fig leaf.

As for "tossing yourself off", I'll leave that to you.
    Last edited by WTF11; 10-01-2021 at 04:45 PM.

Well well well!!! Let's hope we don't provide a bigger surprise!.
    Unfortunately your hopes were dashed

As usual, you decide why the thread was put up in the first place.

It was actually put up as a warning, obviously went unheeded by our supposed 1st team professionals and their supporting acts, that you don't take anything for granted in the FA cup, and I stand by the statement regarding what the Derby youngsters SHOULD have done, at least put up a performance, rather than play as though they had just met, (but then again, having watched Leeds v Crawley, it seems that pi55 poor performances are catching).

At least in Derbys case they had the excuse that they did field a whole load of their youth squad players, we can't even offer than as some kind of fig leaf.

As for "tossing yourself off", I'll leave that to you.
    How could it be a warning when chorley where the favourites to win the game ??????

Not sure how you can say Chorley were the favourites. On league positions alone Derby were favourites - it was their choice to field the team they did and by doing so it provided a warning we didn’t fully heed.

Don’t always take WTF’s side but not sure what was wrong with what he said tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not sure how you can say Chorley were the favourites. On league positions alone Derby were favourites - it was their choice to field the team they did and by doing so it provided a warning we didn’t fully heed.

Don’t always take WTF’s side but not sure what was wrong with what he said tbh.
    Chorley where favs for the game 5/4 as the bookies knew they are playing a bunch of 18 year olds
    I had a bet on chorley it was a good price
    Derby where near 4/1

How could it be a warning when chorley where the favourites to win the game ??????
    Says who? And what if they were, would you suggest that we should have regarded Crawley as favourites and the result might have been different?

How many times have we f00ked up against lower league opposition in this and other cup competitions?

Don't give a flying f00k what Derby do, or the team they field, only what we do, hence my last sentence in the first post (unless you hadn't taken the trouble to read it).

Chorley where favs for the game 5/4 as the bookies knew they are playing a bunch of 18 year olds
    I had a bet on chorley it was a good price
    Derby where near 4/1
    Glad you got something out of the weekend then.

Yup at least someone on here did from a football perspective - hope you had a fair bit on them 👍

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)