+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T bands you thought were crap then realised they were brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Moody Blues.Mumford & Sons
    Were you thinking they were crap based on the Dennny Laine 'shuffle' period before Justin joined? Hard to imagine anyone thinking 'Days of Future Passed' was crap even if they did change their minds later. The first 7 albums from 67 - 72 are still immense imo

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I couldn't quite make my mind up about Big Country when they first came out, I remember seeing an Oxford Roadshow on the beeb and wasnt convinced.
    But listened to more of there stuff and ended up loving them,
    Also listened to a lot of The Skidz because of the connection with the late great Stuart Adamson.
    I get that, when Fields of Fire came out, it sounded a bit thin and polished but then heard the Crossing album and realised I was wrong! They were great for 2 or 3 albums then went a bit pear shaped. Adamson's biography is a great read by the way.

The Skids were always amazing from the first chord. One of my favourite bands. Still do great gigs playing the old stuff, as do the Undertones. Leapy up and downy party punk stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Were you thinking they were crap based on the Dennny Laine 'shuffle' period before Justin joined? Hard to imagine anyone thinking 'Days of Future Passed' was crap even if they did change their minds later. The first 7 albums from 67 - 72 are still immense imo
    Yes, some good albums but if the word “love” was removed from the English language then many of the Moodies songs would be short on lyrics

I get that, when Fields of Fire came out, it sounded a bit thin and polished but then heard the Crossing album and realised I was wrong! They were great for 2 or 3 albums then went a bit pear shaped. Adamson's biography is a great read by the way.

The Skids were always amazing from the first chord. One of my favourite bands. Still do great gigs playing the old stuff, as do the Undertones. Leapy up and downy party punk stuff!
    I was looking at some of their dates myself, just before covid put paid to the live music scene.
    Also I was looking at some Big Country dates too,but couldn't make my mind up, I think they played the cutlers a year or so back.
    I think they've toured with a lot of the original line up with the addition of Bruce Watson's son.

Unfortunately, the most obvious and notable absentee is pretty irreplaceable.
    They did do some dates a few years ago with Mike Peters from The Alarm (another of my favourite bands) on lead vocal which might have been a pretty good fit. I do regret not going to some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MagyarMiller View Post
    I was looking at some of their dates myself, just before covid put paid to the live music scene.
    Also I was looking at some Big Country dates too,but couldn't make my mind up, I think they played the cutlers a year or so back.
    I think they've toured with a lot of the original line up with the addition of Bruce Watson's son.

Unfortunately, the most obvious and notable absentee is pretty irreplaceable.
    They did do some dates a few years ago with Mike Peters from The Alarm (another of my favourite bands) on lead vocal which might have been a pretty good fit. I do regret not going to some of them.
    Yeah, I saw them a year or so ago and you're right, the songs struggle without the original distinctive vocal, although they are great musically.

The Skids were still great with Jobson and 2 of the key original members backed up with Watson and Son. Rocking gig and totally recommend them as they do all the old classics with loads of energy still.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes, some good albums but if the word “love” was removed from the English language then many of the Moodies songs would be short on lyrics
    Oh you big cuddly old cynic Gristy. Get some good old fashioned Love and Peace down yer neck. Maan.

Yeah, I saw them a year or so ago and you're right, the songs struggle without the original distinctive vocal, although they are great musically.

The Skids were still great with Jobson and 2 of the key original members backed up with Watson and Son. Rocking gig and totally recommend them as they do all the old classics with loads of energy still.
    Cheers raging, I'll definitely keep.my eye out for dates when live music starts up again.

Really missing going to see bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Same with the word feck for *** pistols albums

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Same with the word feck for *** pistols albums
    Oh you big old trippy hippy Roles. Get some good old fashioned Anger and Violence down yer neck. We mean it maaan

The Beatles

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast