+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Derby County Players Not Paid Decembers Wages

Nothing against their fans as it is they who suffer in the long run but, here's a club who are often in the news and that somehow always come out of it squeaky clean of late. How do they get away with it? What repercussions/sanctions will they be hit with if the takeover does not go ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nothing against their fans as it is they who suffer in the long run but, here's a club who are often in the news and that somehow always come out of it squeaky clean of late. How do they get away with it? What repercussions/sanctions will they be hit with if the takeover does not go ahead?
    Board member/s on board

Their club is far too big to have any proceeding brought against them

Interesting but we’ll see.. ....but EFL member club at the time Macclesfield got various sanctions including points deductions for these kind of issues..one of which was deemed not strong enough in an upheld appeal .

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Their club is far too big to have any proceeding brought against them
    And are represented on the EFL board !

The takeover at Derby County has still not gone through, with the board looking at having to do a alternative to this, some players still not paid Decembers wages.
    Even worse news -
    Wayne Rooney has confirmed Derby County are under a transfer embargo, and are unable to add to their squad, as things stand.
    Rooney said the embargo, is a result of some of the players not being paid their wages for December, While the take over of the club is yet to be completed.
    He said " I can not go into the transfer window, at the minute, until's that's done ".

What makes it worse is the club has had a tribunal hearing against them, in which ex-captain defender Richard Keogh, has won a appeal against the club for his sacking, after he was sacked after he and some team mate's had a car crash, in which Keogh sustained serious career threatening knee injuries, in a alcohol fuelled team bonding night, Keogh has been awarded £2 million.

Derby County are to appeal the tribunals verdict.

Derby County really in trouble.

............but will walk away laughing, EFL have no balls.......if it was us????

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post

............but will walk away laughing, EFL have no balls.......if it was us????
    But this is an Employment Tribunal Avon, nothing at all to do with EFL disciplinary procedures.

But I'm with you on how Derby always seem to come out smelling of roses. Which adds insult to injury given how judgemental many of their fans are of others (they were clamouring for disciplinary action against us when we called off our home match against them due to covid).

Maybe, just maybe, Derby's chickens are finally coming home to roost.

I bet Rooney thought there would be no problem in fetching prem players in and now he’s panicking

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I bet Rooney thought there would be no problem in fetching prem players in and now he’s panicking
    I couldnt believe an interview I saw with Rooney where he was saying hed identified the players he was bringing in and how hed be improving the quality of the squad. This was set against the backdrop of players not being paid and a club writhing in debt. It was like watching a parallel universe.

What is it with "football people" and basic economics?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast