+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock charged by the FA.....

Warnock charged by the FA.....

....nowt new there then . One thing about Neil, is he says it how he sees it. No grey area, have it!

Yes it's cost him money over the years with the fines he's received but, I do wish there were more like him that would stand up for the very poor level of officiating we have seen this season.

Middlesbrough boss Neil Warnock has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following comments he made about the referee after the defeat by Swansea City.

The 72-year-old was angered by calls made by Gavin Ward, including the award of a 97th minute penalty.

Boro were already charged with failing to ensure their players "conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".

Warnock has until Monday, 22 March to respond to his charge.

"It is alleged that comments made by the manager during a post-match interview constitute improper conduct as they questioned the integrity of the match official and/or implied bias and/or were personally offensive and/or bring the game into disrepute contrary to FA Rule E3.1," an FA statement said.

What did Warnock say?

He told reporters following the game on 6 March: "I'm sure I'll get an apology now from [director of referees] Alan Wiley, which I've had three or four times in the last six weeks. I've had that many apologies I don't know what to do with them.

"He [Gavin Ward] thought it was a free-kick to them [and so disallowed Marc Bola's goal]. He hadn't seen [Yannick] Bolasie won the ball. It's either a penalty or a goal. He's blown the whistle before Bola's shot hit the goal and gave a defensive free-kick.

"I'm a little bit bewildered about the penalty. He pointed for a corner kick but he assures me that when he thought about it he thought George [Saville] didn't get any of the ball and he thought it was a penalty. I asked 'Why did you point to the corner flag? Were you guessing?'. That's what he said."

He will get a ban & a big fine proberly, all for telling the Truth.

That's why we have to put up with crap refs.

Criticism not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's why we have to put up with crap refs.

Criticism not allowed
    Unless the referee leads with his head!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Unless the referee leads with his head!!!
    Even then he missed !

Never charge a raging bull.. it can be dangerous

I'm sure uncle colin will do his best to keep us up. Its a pity we have to play em when they still have a lot to play for. In saying that he has given us a gem in wingy so we shunt grumble too much.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'm sure uncle colin will do his best to keep us up. Its a pity we have to play em when they still have a lot to play for. In saying that he has given us a gem in wingy so we shunt grumble too much.
    Let's just hope he's extra favourable when he comes for Smudge close season and gives us a fair price whilst also offering us a knock down price for Wing.

So we survive on a wing and a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    So we survive on a wing and a player?
    Hang on .....there's a song there somewhere.

Oh oh, where half way there....

oh oh on a wing and a player.......

CAM you can't answer this one you're banned.
    Last edited by Brin; 18-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast