+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne - The Accidental Manager

Because of Paul Warne,Rotherham United is probably the best version of itself it could be right now,with some help from TS !
    I don`t see treating people with respect a weekness as some do on here,he`s a credit to the club,and a credit to himself,not something you can say about many football managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Dare I say Galley On, you also forgot the 2 or 3 games we have in hand. Yes we have to win em but, you never know. Chin up and keep smiling as they say . UTM!
    You dare say that Brin and you are right. In hindsight I also think its important that we also have most of the teams we can realistically catch have to come to NYS although that is no guarantee that we will win them.

We all know that Paul is a great guy and as a person I really like him but football does not care about that as it's a results game not a Personality contest.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    We all know that Paul is a great guy and as a person I really like him but football does not care about that as it's a results game not a Personality contest.
    Unfortunately that’s true, success in football requires some cynicism and ruthlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Unfortunately that’s true, success in football requires some cynicism and ruthlessness.
    Doesn't that depend on how you define success? Crewe Alexander were deemed 'successful' for many years under the guidance of Dario Gradi. Isn't our height of success measured as the survival of RUFC followed by survival at Championship level and we are doing both at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Doesn't that depend on how you define success? Crewe Alexander were deemed 'successful' for many years under the guidance of Dario Gradi. Isn't our height of success measured as the survival of RUFC followed by survival at Championship level and we are doing both at the moment.
    If survival is your idea of succes then I guess you are happy.

If survival is your idea of succes then I guess you are happy.
    Well I'd surmise most RUFC fans are certainly happier now than they were 10 years ago. What level of success would make you happy BigLad? Premiership football at all costs? A manager who agreed with your tactical aplomb? Miller Bear performing a Northern Soul medley at half time?

We had Rotherham fans would love to be in the premiership but most of us are realistic bout us ever getting there . We are what we are a small well run club . If the chairman did splash the cash there is no guarantee of success. I remember previous owners and all the trouble the club was in . I would say be careful what some fans wish for .

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Not suggesting the Crewe model are you Cam? Don't think the town could survive another scandal.

Negativity is a dangerous thing. Over the years the Millers have employed managers who had a proven success at other clubs. Lets recall Tommy Doc, George Kerr, Norman Hunter, Danny Bergara, Andy Scott and Kenny Jackett, all who had gained promotion at other clubs. Okay, Jimmy McGuigan, Steve Evans and Neil Warnock have done well for us.

Promotions have been achieved by "new" managers such as Ian Porterfield, Ronnie , Billy McEwan, Phil Henson and Warney. So Big lad, given the size of the clubs support, budget and standing. who would you replace him with?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast