+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne - The Accidental Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    Negativity is a dangerous thing. Over the years the Millers have employed managers who had a proven success at other clubs. Lets recall Tommy Doc, George Kerr, Norman Hunter, Danny Bergara, Andy Scott and Kenny Jackett, all who had gained promotion at other clubs. Okay, Jimmy McGuigan, Steve Evans and Neil Warnock have done well for us.

Promotions have been achieved by "new" managers such as Ian Porterfield, Ronnie , Billy McEwan, Phil Henson and Warney. So Big lad, given the size of the clubs support, budget and standing. who would you replace him with?
    Is Alan Stubbs available?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Is Alan Stubbs available?
    Once A Miller .....

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well I'd surmise most RUFC fans are certainly happier now than they were 10 years ago. What level of success would make you happy BigLad? Premiership football at all costs? A manager who agreed with your tactical aplomb? Miller Bear performing a Northern Soul medley at half time?
    A team that plays football not hoofball would give me a lot of satisfacton right now. 3rd time in this division with Warny and NO lessons have been learned. In other words, Progress = Success and we have made none.
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 12-01-2021 at 10:57 PM.

Negativity is a dangerous thing. Over the years the Millers have employed managers who had a proven success at other clubs. Lets recall Tommy Doc, George Kerr, Norman Hunter, Danny Bergara, Andy Scott and Kenny Jackett, all who had gained promotion at other clubs. Okay, Jimmy McGuigan, Steve Evans and Neil Warnock have done well for us.

Promotions have been achieved by "new" managers such as Ian Porterfield, Ronnie , Billy McEwan, Phil Henson and Warney. So Big lad, given the size of the clubs support, budget and standing. who would you replace him with?
    That is what interviews are for.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    A team that plays football not hoofball would give me a lot of satisfacton right now. 3rd time in this division with Warny and NO lessons have been learned. In other words, Progress = Success and we have made none.
    2017 Championship 24th 23pts (Relegated)
    2018 League 1 4th 79pts (Promoted via play offs)
    2019 Championship 22nd 40pts (Relegated)
    2020 League 1 2nd 62pts (Promoted automatically)
    2021 Championship TBD

Looks like 'incremental' progress to me, albeit somewhat slow, but plenty of time left this season so see if we can continue to improve and demonstrate 'success'. However, it seems your sole measure of success is playing/managing the way according to BigLad.

That is what interviews are for.
    Presumably you mean that is what TS should do to get the right replacement and not that you should be interviewed as to who the next manager should be. If its the former option then I expect that Jackett, Stubbs and Redfearn all had good interviews, the latter with the expectation that the Millers would reduce "Hoofball".

So my apologies for being repetitive, but given the size of the clubs support, budget and standing. who would you replace him with?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    2017 Championship 24th 23pts (Relegated)
    2018 League 1 4th 79pts (Promoted via play offs)
    2019 Championship 22nd 40pts (Relegated)
    2020 League 1 2nd 62pts (Promoted automatically)
    2021 Championship TBD

Looks like 'incremental' progress to me, albeit somewhat slow, but plenty of time left this season so see if we can continue to improve and demonstrate 'success'. However, it seems your sole measure of success is playing/managing the way according to BigLad.
    If you say so CAM

Presumably you mean that is what TS should do to get the right replacement and not that you should be interviewed as to who the next manager should be. If its the former option then I expect that Jackett, Stubbs and Redfearn all had good interviews, the latter with the expectation that the Millers would reduce "Hoofball".

So my apologies for being repetitive, but given the size of the clubs support, budget and standing. who would you replace him with?
    Right now I would be very interested in interviewing Danny Cowley if the position became available.

Right now I would be very interested in interviewing Danny Cowley if the position became available.
    We can all pick any number of managers who we think will be better than Warne. Where does it get us?

Its a very expensive merry go round as we have found to our cost in recent years. We've had 13 since Stewart took over. Given Warnes been here 4 years and Evans 3, its a huge turnover.

The roll call: Robins Thomber Moore Liddel Scott Patterson Evans Black Redfearn Warnock Stubbs Jacket Warne.

Each new manager came in with a list of players they want and changes to the management structure - at huge cost.

My guess is that Stewarts has chosen to stabalise the management team and control his costs.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    We can all pick any number of managers who we think will be better than Warne. Where does it get us?

Its a very expensive merry go round as we have found to our cost in recent years. We've had 13 since Stewart took over. Given Warnes been here 4 years and Evans 3, its a huge turnover.

The roll call: Robins Thomber Moore Liddel Scott Patterson Evans Black Redfearn Warnock Stubbs Jacket Warne.

Each new manager came in with a list of players they want and changes to the management structure - at huge cost.

My guess is that Stewarts has chosen to stabalise the management team and control his costs.
    Yes that's what Warne is, a financial choice not a footballing choice

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast