+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Warne - The Accidental Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes that's what Warne is, a financial choice not a footballing choice
    Bit like the playing squad in general then?

To all you perennial knockers of Warne, please list your footballing achievements or any other kind of achievements, for that matter.

Victor Meldrew has nothing on you guys.

Grist,this a serious question....why at virtually every opportunity you have sly dig at Warne ?
    What is it you don't like about him ?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post

Each new manager came in with a list of players they want and changes to the management structure - at huge cost.

My guess is that Stewarts has chosen to stabalise the management team and control his costs.
    Exactly this ^^^
    Nothing wrong with cutting the cloth to suit.
    First thing a new manager asks is " What's the budget"
    then there's a change of backroom staff.
    People should be careful what they wish for.

Room for improvement?
    Certainly, not at huge cost though.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Exactly this ^^^
    Nothing wrong with cutting the cloth to suit.
    First thing a new manager asks is " What's the budget"
    then there's a change of backroom staff.
    People should be careful what they wish for.

Room for improvement?
    Certainly, not at huge cost though.
    But staying in the Championship comes with huge rewards too so do not forget that either. And if you can stay there for a few years it's even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Grist,this a serious question....why at virtually every opportunity you have sly dig at Warne ?
    What is it you don't like about him ?
    He is not having a dig personally at Paul Warne he is (like me) having his say on the football side of things, it has nothing to do with Paul personally.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    He is not having a dig personally at Paul Warne he is (like me) having his say on the football side of things, it has nothing to do with Paul personally.
    I think the footballing side started off quite well. However, the injury to S. McDonald and other players had an effect. Its stated that Paul Warne is after a midfield general. McDonald did a lot of work in midfield and hopefully his return will signal less "hoofball" as you call it. At the risk of sounding repetitive again I would love to see a fit Jackson Irvine in the Millers midfield. However, He's been out of game time for over 10 months so if we did get him how long would it be before he was effective?

But staying in the Championship comes with huge rewards too so do not forget that either. And if you can stay there for a few years it's even better.
    It's a balance of the two.
    In my opinion we're two perhaps three decent players short of staying in the Championship.
    Yes I agree there are huge benefits of staying in the Championship.

Of course its a personal dig at Warne. You have accused him of not knowing anything about his chosen profession, particularly tactics. You want him replaced as manager.

It couldnt get any more personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Galley On View Post
    I think the footballing side started off quite well. However, the injury to S. McDonald and other players had an effect. Its stated that Paul Warne is after a midfield general. McDonald did a lot of work in midfield and hopefully his return will signal less "hoofball" as you call it. At the risk of sounding repetitive again I would love to see a fit Jackson Irvine in the Millers midfield. However, He's been out of game time for over 10 months so if we did get him how long would it be before he was effective?
    Sorry but I do not agree that we started quite well at all. From the off we looked like we were going to follow the same path as the previous 2 times we were here.

Never rated Jackson Irvine myself but as they say each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Of course its a personal dig at Warne. You have accused him of not knowing anything about his chosen profession, particularly tactics. You want him replaced as manager.

It couldnt get any more personal.
    Dont be stupid mate. I think Paul Warne is a great guy and a credit to mankind but as a football manager he is not good enough at this level right now.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast