+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest rumour....

yes i agree, the owners need to complete the purchase of the club and then put their efforts into buying the ground, a convent can and should be included into any sale of the ground as I believe is already in place that the ground must only be developed for Barnsley FC and not for any other purpose

If they buy the ground and include a Nuns home in the deal we will truly have divine intervention, Rev Preedy would be so proud.
    I agree with you on this Reds!

and perhaps we could re-sign charlie bishop and owen archdeacon

I'm struggling with the concept that by following the team to Rotherham you are somehow helping the club .

In my opinion you aren't , you are making the situation worse by supporting the move with money and by doing that you are endorsing it .

You are complicit in the club leaving the town and stadium we've played in for nearly all our history .

The town no longer has a football club , there's a team called Barnsley that plays in Rotherham but it doesn't represent you or the town because to do that you have to play in the borough of Barnsley which is where the name of the club comes from , the clubs badge is the town's crest , how bigger a clue do you need .

Nobody is kicking the club out of Oakwell so any comparison with what happened at Rotherham United when they had to leave Millmoor for the DVS just doesn't work .

The club's owners are voluntarily taking the club away from the town despite having a decent stadium and facilities to train .

As far as I'm concerned the club may as well be called Rotherham Town and I have absolutely no interest in supporting a club based in Rotherham , if I had then I'd have followed the Millers wouldn't I , years ago .

So in my opinion anyone travelling to the NYS to watch a team called Barnsley has simply changed their allegiance to another club .

You aren't supporting Barnsley what so ever , it's just a name because it ignores the clubs history , heritage and the boroughs boundary lines .

What's more your complicit in allowing this to happen by turning up and supporting it .

Your no different to the very people who are threatening to take the club away from the town in my opinion .

Have a think about it ...... please .

I agree with what you say and I dont what barnsley to play anywhere but oakwell. I hope the owners will complete the purchase of the club and pay what they owe. what I say is IF we need to ground share whilst the stadium is being redeveloped then I will watch Barnsley anywhere. If on the other hand the owners wish to relocate then the can go to Hell and I will keep my money in my pocket

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    I agree with what you say and I dont what barnsley to play anywhere but oakwell. I hope the owners will complete the purchase of the club and pay what they owe. what I say is IF we need to ground share whilst the stadium is being redeveloped then I will watch Barnsley anywhere. If on the other hand the owners wish to relocate then the can go to Hell and I will keep my money in my pocket
    I don't see why the team would have to leave Oakwell should any redevelopment take place , we didn't leave when the East , North or South stands were built in the 90's .

A new West Stand wouldn't be an easy project given it's location on Grove Street but most of the hard yards would have to be undertaken in the close season .

Given what we've witnessed so far with the owners does anyone really believe they would spend any money on the stadium whether they owned the whole club or not ? .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Given what we've witnessed so far with the owners does anyone really believe they would spend any money on the stadium whether they owned the whole club or not ? .
    Definitely not. There's no profit involved in redeveloping the West stand.

How the hell can a home match in another town be a home match?
    No matter what the owners think to me it’s Oakwell or nothing.Barnsley is in England not the USA.Barnsley Football Club is the heart of the town and can’t be shifted to another town.

Conway will be asking c f booth if it's possible to rent old millmoor ground next. If the price is right😁!!!

Quote Originally Posted by red syy View Post
    Conway will be asking c f booth if it's possible to rent old millmoor ground next. If the price is right😁!!!

Thu wanna scrap that idea

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast