+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest rumour....

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    How the hell can a home match in another town be a home match?
    No matter what the owners think to me it’s Oakwell or nothing.Barnsley is in England not the USA.Barnsley Football Club is the heart of the town and can’t be shifted to another town.
    Grimsby town have been doing it for decades

Coventry City ev been all o'er oyle in last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    Grimsby town have been doing it for decades
    Did they leave Cleggy for Grimsby or were they always based at Blundell Park ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Did they leave Cleggy for Grimsby or were they always based at Blundell Park ?
    started life in Grimsby at Abbey park for 20 yrs then moved to Clee park then Blundell park which both are in Cleethorpes.

Blundell Park is one of my all time favourite grounds, what I call a proper ground and I have good memories of our visits there.
    I'm moving up to the East coast soon, when COVID is over I will most likely go and watch a few of their games?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Blundell Park is one of my all time favourite grounds, what I call a proper ground and I have good memories of our visits there.
    I'm moving up to the East coast soon, when COVID is over I will most likely go and watch a few of their games?
    Hope they arent in the conference before you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Hope they arent in the conference before you get there.
    It wouldn't bother me Ethel I'd enjoy it just as much.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    It wouldn't bother me Ethel I'd enjoy it just as much.
    Hope they stay in the league.

I remember going there for a midweek fixture some years ago. They had a skinny whippersnapper playing for them who was outstanding on the night. I seem to recall we won 3-2 and that young un stood out, he might even have scored, it was John Oster.

Thats when football was real football.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Hope they stay in the league.

I remember going there for a midweek fixture some years ago. They had a skinny whippersnapper playing for them who was outstanding on the night. I seem to recall we won 3-2 and that young un stood out, he might even have scored, it was John Oster.

Thats when football was real football.
    Tha reight Eths Oster did score that night. Super John Hendrie gorra hatrick which included 2 back flicks. We wo fortunate to win that night too despite Grimsby being darn to 10 men, I thought they deserved a draw. Ballax to em anyway

Whilst on subject ot Cod eeards, duz anybody remember Ivano Bonetti? Grimsby signed him in mid 90s from Italy and it worra bit on a coup forrem. We lost 3-1 to em at Blundell park and Bonetti took us apart on the day, looked a reight player to be fair. A few week later the then Grimsby manager Brian Laws brock Bonettis cheekbone in a dressing room bust up and that wo that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast