Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Anderson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,783

    Anderson

    No, I'm not going to go overboard about him based on his cameo tonight.

    BUT...what I did like was the way he was comfortable on the ball, even when being pressured.

    He was the only player on our team who was happy to take a touch and get his head up-he asked for the ball in tight areas, protected it and used it well when he had it.

    I liked what I saw.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,999
    Agreed.

    Would like to see some more of him.

    Watch Bruce now just keep him on the bench and do nothing with him for rest of seaons.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,783
    He'll loan him out to get 'game time'.

    Did that to Lejeune because he doesn't understand the concept of a ball-playing CB.

    Knob.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    12,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I'm not going to go overboard about him based on his cameo tonight.

    BUT...what I did like was the way he was comfortable on the ball, even when being pressured.

    He was the only player on our team who was happy to take a touch and get his head up-he asked for the ball in tight areas, protected it and used it well when he had it.

    I liked what I saw.
    I didnít see any of the game but if this is the case then great because this ability is sorely missing across our whole squad.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,898
    I agree...very composed on the ball and had tight control, especially considering we were under the cosh and it was his first appeareance...where does he usually play? Looked more like a CM to me...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19,783
    Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I agree...very composed on the ball and had tight control, especially considering we were under the cosh and it was his first appeareance...where does he usually play? Looked more like a CM to me...
    Good to see you on, man.

    Aye, attacking mid is my understanding. And the way he was with the ball stood out because our first teamers look absolutely clueless when they have it and can't wait to get rid of it whereas he actually looked composed.

    Mind, give him time training with the first team and Bruce and Agnew will soon knock that out of him.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    42,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

    Mind, give him time training with the first team and Bruce and Agnew will soon knock that out of him.
    Devestatingly true.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,007
    In these times, when practically nothing going on at our club is exciting, it's a silver lining to hear about local talent moving up the ranks.

    Hopefully we will see much more of him in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •