+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wood & Barnes

I'm not a Vydra fan and can't see what the clamour is for him to play. He reminds me of Liam Robinson. Maybe runs in slightly bigger circles.

Wood and Barnes are poor at the moment of that there is not much argument. Rodriguez is injured and Mumbongo is too untried and raw yet.

We do need to find a striker that offers something different.

The transfer market has been very quiet so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I'm not a Vydra fan and can't see what the clamour is for him to play. He reminds me of Liam Robinson. Maybe runs in slightly bigger circles.

Wood and Barnes are poor at the moment of that there is not much argument. Rodriguez is injured and Mumbongo is too untried and raw yet.

We do need to find a striker that offers something different.

The transfer market has been very quiet so far.
    I think to be fair to vydra casper , his whole game is based playing in the channels as if you look back at his goals for others , the slide rule pass is what he thrives on( we don't have a player to supply the service to him) , hence why he's in effective in lots of games for us, as even when he plays with Wood or Barnes we persist with high long ball.

The exception to that is when he got a run In the team with Jay Rod who is a much cleverer footballer than Barnes or wood he started to.thrive / improve as Jay understood how to bring him into games and vice versa.

Above all that , at least he is mobile

I'll ask supersub6 to look it up, but his goal to game ratio for us is better than Wood's I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll ask supersub6 to look it up, but his goal to game ratio for us is better than Wood's I reckon.
    In League games Wood is 0.33 goals per game, Vydra is 0.27, Rodriguez is 0.27, Barnes 0.24.

Stats from the Soccerbase website.

In terms of game time and chances converted how does Vydra come out then?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    We was playing a Club who was 2 league's below us and therefor we created many more chances than we usually do because of that, but the finishing from Wood and Barnes was poor, and not for the first time.

Even the seemingly slow Sean Dyche told his forwards at half time that he had to put a bit of pressure on them.

But it did'nt happen.

Mumbongo came on for his first first team game and showed Wood how to trap and hold up play and lay the ball off and also had a good turn of speed, Vydra showed his trickery and many dimensional sides of his game instead of falling down looking for free kicks all the time and having long shots at goal like Barnes usually does.

O.K. it was still a team 2 Divisions lower than us when the 2 new forwards came on but we looked a better attacking side without the favouites Wood and Barnes.
    They both look laboured today Alto , I get the physical issues and why they’re starting I suppose but when we win the ball in the right areas they aren’t quick enough to make the advantage count.

I have never liked Woods.. his style is too anti football, too hoof and hope..
    Barnes I like still tenacious as ever
    Vydra - Never liked, has never showed he is Championship quality let alone Premiership.. I would go as far to say he would not get into the starting 11 of the top 5 championship teams.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    They both look laboured today Alto , I get the physical issues and why they’re starting I suppose but when we win the ball in the right areas they aren’t quick enough to make the advantage count.
    "when we win the ball" ? if you are talking about Barnes and Wood, Wood hardly wins anything, he won a header tonight which went to a Man Utd player and then went upfield and scored from it

I thought Barnes had a decent game tonight. Wood is lacking confidence and looks lost..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I thought Barnes had a decent game tonight. Wood is lacking confidence and looks lost..
    He spends more time on the floor with his arms flailing about than playing the game , yes he’s horrible and we are short of a bit of that , the best he gets is an odd free kick , but the refs are wise to his antics now and he gives plenty away.

He’s had his day I’m afraid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)