+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Cup

Scottish Cup

Hame to Partick or Cowdenbeath.

Meanwhile, what a remarkable game last night. What an effort from the pub team. Hard graft, effort, work rate and fantastic attitude against a better, well organised team.

But to actually pull it off to come through 3-2 and actually win in the end was truly incredible stuff.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 10-01-2021 at 11:16 AM.

I see what you did there 🤣

The Celtic(Nudge,nudge,wink,wink,vote YES)loan player who equalised for them in the 94th minute was subjected to racial abuse online for his efforts.He received abuse last week too after helping to beat Hearts.
    I think Osman has also been targeted lately.
    Anyway back on to the football,last night's fantastic result has landed the Dees with a mouth watering wee derby v ST Johnstone.

I am not too happy with some of the comments i have read on social media regarding our neighbours narrow cup win,can i just point out that Bonnyrigg Rose are no mugs and have a high pedigree in the Scottish Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38620454

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I am not too happy with some of the comments i have read on social media regarding our neighbours narrow cup win,can i just point out that Bonnyrigg Rose are no mugs and have a high pedigree in the Scottish Cup.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38620454
    Exactly GB. That crack Lowland League team hold a number of notable records. Including greatest number of consecutive pints downed in one and most fish suppers consumed in 10 minutes. That really took some effort last night and a well deserved reward of a top league team at home despite the inevitable result that will bring, as our plucky neighbours cup dreams will come to an end once again for the one hundred and eleventh consecutive year.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 10-01-2021 at 12:16 PM.

The mighty dee were mega f ucking lucky last night, loved the comments by some thinking it would be 5 or 6

Oh dear indeed

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post

Truly brilliant James.

thats class ha ha ha

I think last night's result at Dens took the wind out of a lot of United supporters sails and proved many people wrong.

Contrary to popular belief the dark blues proved emphatically (well sort of) that they could easily compete in the Lowland Junior League. The signing of Paul McMullan shows they do not intend for last night's result to be a one off. They have earned my respect. They have made a statement of intent.

Bonnyrig Rose currently sit fourth in the Lowland League. Last night's victory, tough though it was, strongly suggests that Dundee FC would be a top 6 side in that league.

No more of this Dundee FC are s***e, etc. We cannot say that now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)