+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shields Interesting Cumbrians and Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Agreed.....the problem with Francis is that he seems to like the doom and gloom that he spouts on this board. He does have some really good ideas, - but like Queens, - he's just not consistent...………………..well with regards to positivity!

jardi i see the way queens are run as the doom and gloom under hewitson and co its like watching paint dry .,and as for the lyndon dykes transfer do you people think for one minute that dykes gave a monky's toss about queens when he opted to move on and yes the board added some speculative clauses on dykes which got lucky for a bang average player ,l;ook at him now getting pelters from all angles down at qpr ,dykes has had say 5 or 6 good performances during his career best being scotland v serbia but other than that he is a terrible player to watch ,and thay are starting to see this down at qpr lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    jardi i see the way queens are run as the doom and gloom under hewitson and co its like watching paint dry .,and as for the lyndon dykes transfer do you people think for one minute that dykes gave a monky's toss about queens when he opted to move on and yes the board added some speculative clauses on dykes which got lucky for a bang average player ,l;ook at him now getting pelters from all angles down at qpr ,dykes has had say 5 or 6 good performances during his career best being scotland v serbia but other than that he is a terrible player to watch ,and thay are starting to see this down at qpr lol .
    You do at times come across as a rather bitter twisted individual Francis. Just an observation mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    You do at times come across as a rather bitter twisted individual Francis. Just an observation mind.

we all have our opinions spike i mean no offence to anyone ,i just cant condone queens bod ambitions for the club ,i want hewitson to publicly state his ambitions for the club ,tho a year or so ago he was on border tele saying he seen queens as a club just as big as hearts hibs and teams like that and was trying to get to the premier league ,loool all talk and zero action thats why i am pist of with them queens as a club cannot opperate at a decent level on club income alone we are seeing this atm hewitson and co are running the club on its own merrits ,no ambitous football club can be ran like that and be successful ,and before anyone uses livi as an example ,yes thay done it on a small budget but take a close look at there finances while achieving top flight status thay made losses of over the mil ,you need to have the ability to pump in your own investments to a football club if you want success ,atm under our bod queens are a mid league 1 side finacially,, operating in the championship ,this scenario cannot last forever .

I would really love too know where the extra dosh should come from to extend the budget. Should we push our club to the brink of extinction to allow us to buy a couple of quality players. We tried that after our Scottish cup win. We ended up in a bad mess struggling to pay the tax man.
    The club needs to be run within its means. We are what we are, a club with blessed with a small amount of fans fighting to stay in the championship. Every now and then we will get a golden period and then a poor period.
    Every year we are losing money. Have a look back at our finances. I always wander how we continue to trade but we do.
    Ask yourself how those losses are sustained?

Bluehair, - words of wisdom.

Some people have such short memories. It's only a few years ago that we were fighting to survive, - yet here we are again, completely ignoring the fact that the present BOD paid off our debts and one of our chairmen has left a loan in the club, - yet some people are demanding more.

Most people, - once they've put their fingers in the fire, - don't do it again, - why should the BOD be any different?

There is no magic bullet in football, - we all just have to accept that, - but as I keep saying if average players give 100% in every game, - they will win more matches than brilliant players who give 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Bluehair, - words of wisdom.

Some people have such short memories. It's only a few years ago that we were fighting to survive, - yet here we are again, completely ignoring the fact that the present BOD paid off our debts and one of our chairmen has left a loan in the club, - yet some people are demanding more.

Most people, - once they've put their fingers in the fire, - don't do it again, - why should the BOD be any different?

There is no magic bullet in football, - we all just have to accept that, - but as I keep saying if average players give 100% in every game, - they will win more matches than brilliant players who give 60%.

you just dont get it ,why should the club ever get into debt ? when you take over a football club there is no point even thinking about it unless you want to gift money to the club not loan gift ,running football clubs requires the people incharge to invest personal funds knowing thay might never see it back i dont want to hear or see queens going into debt all that would tell me that the chairman and board were willing to roll the club on the bank under there own steam thats how clubs get into debt any board that respect and love there club would use there own credit so the clubs never go into any sort of debt ,the current queens regime aint got the clout to do this so should move on . its fecking embarrassing knowing most or all the clubs in our league have far bigger budgets and eeven worse teams in lower leagues than us putting us to shame even some junior side have bigger budgets than queens and you cannot tell me these lower league teams run there clubs using club income alone ,these clubs are ran properly .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 13-01-2021 at 11:54 AM.

i get that the blounts and other board members love the club ,but like wullie harkness thay obviously dont have the funds to propel the club to the next level harkness had blue blood in his vanes loved the club but had to go if queens were to move forward its looking like we are back to much the same yet again .

Sorry Francis, the only person that doesn't 'get it' is you.

Furthermore, - to argue for greater investment in a pandemic, - when no-one has a 'scoobie' whether the league will be stopped tomorrow or next week, - is bordering on utter lunacy.

Far better to 'hing fire' and wait and see, - rather than jumping in 'gung ho' and having no club at all.

Only the strongest clubs will survive and I'd rather have a club thank you very much.

Saying Francis doesn't get it is a bit harsh. He doesn't like the way the club is getting ran and I fully agree with him. The board has never once said how they plan to take the club forward, or how they plan to make the club more attractive for floating fans to come to games. There seems to be an arrogance that no matter what is served to the fans then that will be accepted. That is what is happening at the moment. Under Mr Blount we got a new stand, the clock and a half decent side on the pitch and the crowds were increasing each season. We were in a healthy position and this was taken forward by Ronnie Bradford and the auld farmer. Yes we hit some financial issues but we got over those and went on to do well again with probably one of the best teams I have seen at Palmerston that was drawing in an average crowd of 2500 when we were playing the likes of Dumbarton and cowdenbeath in league 1 and also a promising youth set up that produced a number of those players that developed into that best side. Now look what's happened under the present board. Yes we have maintained championship status and like I said previously, if that's the goal then fine. I can accept that to a point. But tell the support and show us the way to get better. But we have got to a point where a good crowd is 1500 people, the ground would look tired and filthy if it wasnt for the efforts of supporters painting etc once a year, the team is flung together at the last minute, and the most worrying thing is we aren't willing to build a side that will take the club forward. Jardi your right. It would be madness to throw silly money at the moment but what has happened the previous 4 years or so when the club and team has been in constant decline. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
    It's amazing the stuff that was done at queens when Gretnawere on the go and were in direct competition with us. Yes they went bust but it forced things to happen at queens that just doesn't happen now. Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Saying Francis doesn't get it is a bit harsh. He doesn't like the way the club is getting ran and I fully agree with him. The board has never once said how they plan to take the club forward, or how they plan to make the club more attractive for floating fans to come to games. There seems to be an arrogance that no matter what is served to the fans then that will be accepted. That is what is happening at the moment. Under Mr Blount we got a new stand, the clock and a half decent side on the pitch and the crowds were increasing each season. We were in a healthy position and this was taken forward by Ronnie Bradford and the auld farmer. Yes we hit some financial issues but we got over those and went on to do well again with probably one of the best teams I have seen at Palmerston that was drawing in an average crowd of 2500 when we were playing the likes of Dumbarton and cowdenbeath in league 1 and also a promising youth set up that produced a number of those players that developed into that best side. Now look what's happened under the present board. Yes we have maintained championship status and like I said previously, if that's the goal then fine. I can accept that to a point. But tell the support and show us the way to get better. But we have got to a point where a good crowd is 1500 people, the ground would look tired and filthy if it wasnt for the efforts of supporters painting etc once a year, the team is flung together at the last minute, and the most worrying thing is we aren't willing to build a side that will take the club forward. Jardi your right. It would be madness to throw silly money at the moment but what has happened the previous 4 years or so when the club and team has been in constant decline. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
    It's amazing the stuff that was done at queens when Gretnawere on the go and were in direct competition with us. Yes they went bust but it forced things to happen at queens that just doesn't happen now. Rant over
    Billy Hewitson stepped in and saved the day after Davie Rae and his over spending. A lot of supporters seem to forget that. I wonder where we’d be today if that never happened.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)