+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Shields Interesting Cumbrians and Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    That's harsh Johnny. Why should he not question the board and still support the club?. The man is showing some concerns for a club he loves. The board run the club but should never be immune to criticism when needed. Comments like go and support someone else suggest that unless you agree with what the board are doing he shouldn't be following queens. As for the gov and lochmaben community centre, I was always of the impression qos got these for 1 pound so they took on the running of the facilities. And as for the arena, ask some of the businesses in there where there rent gets paid to?
    Of course they are not immune to criticism FatFan especially after one recent incident but some of the absolute drivel written on here is unbelievable.
    No matter what some fans think there guys will make massive financial contributions each year to make sure we’re still a championship club. I still don’t see anyone rushing in to take over do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Of course they are not immune to criticism FatFan especially after one recent incident but some of the absolute drivel written on here is unbelievable.
    No matter what some fans think there guys will make massive financial contributions each year to make sure we’re still a championship club. I still don’t see anyone rushing in to take over do you ?
    No one stepping up to the plate to pour there well earned money into the club which in the midst of this terrible pandemic needs the fans to get fully behind them to simply survive through these tough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    No one stepping up to the plate to pour there well earned money into the club which in the midst of this terrible pandemic needs the fans to get fully behind them to simply survive through these tough times.
    I'm not talking about anyone coming in with bags of money. I'm talking about the lack of vision and secrecy by this board.. there appears to be no plan to take the club forward. If the plan is to just survive, then tell the support. We used to get the odd message telling us what was going on and at no point have I ever read that the club was skint. But nothing at all seems to get invested in the team. Nothing is being built for the future on the playing side. Nothing is getting done to attract fans. Simple things like asking local bands to play before a game or at half time. Having people selling refreshments among the fans. Asking pipe bands to come and play at games. Having stalls selling qos scares etc around the ground. Having more player interaction around schools. Work in conjunction with youths who could come and work on a Saturday morning cleaning the ground for free admission to games and have something to eat.
    The list can go on but what we are getting at the moment are teams flung together at the last minute with players that will be there for 6 months to a season and half of which are employed by other clubs. Waiting in queues under a stand and sometimes missing parts of the game. Sitting on seats that are covered in seagull crap or have reserved stickers on them from 2016.
    At the moment the board have done nothing to attract people to see games. These things should be made into a spectacle instead of the usual trudging through rain and sitting freezing watching decent players not playing as a team on many occasions and leaving more miserable than when we arrived.
    A lot of what I have said here is off the top of my head without much thought, but these sort of things wouldn't cost much, if anything, apart from applying themselves to make it work. But I'd guarantee if things were done to make going a game more of a highlight then it would attract a few more fans which equals more money.

I'm not talking about anyone coming in with bags of money. I'm talking about the lack of vision and secrecy by this board.. there appears to be no plan to take the club forward. If the plan is to just survive, then tell the support. We used to get the odd message telling us what was going on and at no point have I ever read that the club was skint. But nothing at all seems to get invested in the team. Nothing is being built for the future on the playing side. Nothing is getting done to attract fans. Simple things like asking local bands to play before a game or at half time. Having people selling refreshments among the fans. Asking pipe bands to come and play at games. Having stalls selling qos scares etc around the ground. Having more player interaction around schools. Work in conjunction with youths who could come and work on a Saturday morning cleaning the ground for free admission to games and have something to eat.
    The list can go on but what we are getting at the moment are teams flung together at the last minute with players that will be there for 6 months to a season and half of which are employed by other clubs. Waiting in queues under a stand and sometimes missing parts of the game. Sitting on seats that are covered in seagull crap or have reserved stickers on them from 2016.
    At the moment the board have done nothing to attract people to see games. These things should be made into a spectacle instead of the usual trudging through rain and sitting freezing watching decent players not playing as a team on many occasions and leaving more miserable than when we arrived.
    A lot of what I have said here is off the top of my head without much thought, but these sort of things wouldn't cost much, if anything, apart from applying themselves to make it work. But I'd guarantee if things were done to make going a game more of a highlight then it would attract a few more fans which equals more money.
    I agree wholeheartedly that the PR from the club is abysmal at best and that fresh new blood is required to jump start new initiatives but many of what you have suggested are either non starters or have already been tried in conjunction with the SLO's.
    You cannot sell refreshments in the ground as cans and bottles are not permitted and drinks would have to be poured individually into plastic glasses which is not a realistic prospect from individual vendors and there are more than enough catering outlets in the ground as well as a superb café in the Arena . Selling scarfs around the ground does not seem right when there is a superb club shop also in the Arena. You see stalls appearing when the old firm play at Palmerston but I bet they are private vendors many selling duplicate products with none of the profits going to the clubs playing. Tremendous efforts are currently ongoing, although stalled just now because of Covid, to engage with the local community and schools. Local pipe bands have occasionally entertained at half time but on a very irregular basis. At the start of each season volunteers help clean up the ground including the crap on seats but unfortunately the gulls and pigeons seem to have no respect for this and seats are soon covered again, perhaps you could assist with the seasonal clean up to see the efforts which are involved in these types of projects.
    I agree that the season tickets seat labels never change and I for one have never had my name of my seat but personally this is a minor irritant and one with which I can easily live with.
    It is very easy to criticise but equally difficult to give praise where it is certainly due.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly that the PR from the club is abysmal at best and that fresh new blood is required to jump start new initiatives but many of what you have suggested are either non starters or have already been tried in conjunction with the SLO's.
    You cannot sell refreshments in the ground as cans and bottles are not permitted and drinks would have to be poured individually into plastic glasses which is not a realistic prospect from individual vendors and there are more than enough catering outlets in the ground as well as a superb café in the Arena . Selling scarfs around the ground does not seem right when there is a superb club shop also in the Arena. You see stalls appearing when the old firm play at Palmerston but I bet they are private vendors many selling duplicate products with none of the profits going to the clubs playing. Tremendous efforts are currently ongoing, although stalled just now because of Covid, to engage with the local community and schools. Local pipe bands have occasionally entertained at half time but on a very irregular basis. At the start of each season volunteers help clean up the ground including the crap on seats but unfortunately the gulls and pigeons seem to have no respect for this and seats are soon covered again, perhaps you could assist with the seasonal clean up to see the efforts which are involved in these types of projects.
    I agree that the season tickets seat labels never change and I for one have never had my name of my seat but personally this is a minor irritant and one with which I can easily live with.
    It is very easy to criticise but equally difficult to give praise where it is certainly due.
    Spike you are all full of negativity. If fans go to Portland rd they have the length of the ground to buy merchandise so won't go unless they specifically want something, so the club could put stalls up. Sell drinks in cartons if need be. What do you get at cinimas? What efforts were being made in schools prior to lockdown. And I have previously helped in cleaning up the ground. Any ideas, which were off the top of my head, that i have put forward you have litteraly looked for ways not to do it rather than make things work. And yes. When the board are treating the club with total apathy I will continue to criticise until there is a change in either there attitude or change of chairman because even prior to covid, there was nothing to attract us to Palmerston apart from loyalty.

Spike you are all full of negativity. If fans go to Portland rd they have the length of the ground to buy merchandise so won't go unless they specifically want something, so the club could put stalls up. Sell drinks in cartons if need be. What do you get at cinimas? What efforts were being made in schools prior to lockdown. And I have previously helped in cleaning up the ground. Any ideas, which were off the top of my head, that i have put forward you have litteraly looked for ways not to do it rather than make things work. And yes. When the board are treating the club with total apathy I will continue to criticise until there is a change in either there attitude or change of chairman because even prior to covid, there was nothing to attract us to Palmerston apart from loyalty.
    Completely disagree with your summation and was only pointing out the problems with some of your suggestions but keep them coming. One I would suggest is issuing an adhesive label with the name with the season ticket so the holder can attach it to their seat if so desired.

hewitson and co have got it far too easy at queens ,you only have to look at some of the drivel on here to see it ,the board dont have fan pressure heaped on them at queens so thay just tick over as some of the diehards are just happy with mere survival ,every other club in the championship or aboves fans would be shouting from the rooftops at this board for there negativity running queens as long as the fans put up with it queens will always just be a small run of the mill club with zero ambition to win things .

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    hewitson and co have got it far too easy at queens ,you only have to look at some of the drivel on here to see it ,the board dont have fan pressure heaped on them at queens so thay just tick over as some of the diehards are just happy with mere survival ,every other club in the championship or aboves fans would be shouting from the rooftops at this board for there negativity running queens as long as the fans put up with it queens will always just be a small run of the mill club with zero ambition to win things .
    No ambition , aye okay then.

[QUOTE=johnny_dumfries;39675577]No ambition , aye okay then.[/QUOTE

The voice of reason has spoken Johnny, aye right😉

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    No ambition , aye okay then.

show me the proof of this ambition as you obviously live in some cloud that can see queens as an ambitous club under the 4rth reich lol .please explain and before you quote the facilities explain them aswell as i see zero progress from our current place in football we are only going backwards in my eyes and the majority of dumfries share my view .

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)