+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shields Interesting Cumbrians and Exeter

Shields Interesting Cumbrians and Exeter

Queens border neighbours looking at Connor, also Exeter City.
    Some distance (350 miles) between those two clubs.

He would be daft to even think about either of those club's. He is better building on his game time and stay with us forever 🤣🤣🙈

Don't know if it was tongue in cheek but Magic said on Friday's game transmission Queens Park were paying double that QOS were so I would expect English clubs could pay even more but sincerely hope we offer him a longer contract as every team wants a striker who can make and take goals as Connor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Don't know if it was tongue in cheek but Magic said on Friday's game transmission Queens Park were paying double that QOS were so I would expect English clubs could pay even more but sincerely hope we offer him a longer contract as every team wants a striker who can make and take goals as Connor does.
    Would be good to keep him at Palmerston longer term.

Extend the man's contract now - if we can, - at least you get something for him if another team comes in for him.

Football is such a crazy game that as soon as you get some half decent players they're off without so much as a "thanks very much" - so it makes sense to extend the contracts of those who might make you a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Extend the man's contract now - if we can, - at least you get something for him if another team comes in for him.

Football is such a crazy game that as soon as you get some half decent players they're off without so much as a "thanks very much" - so it makes sense to extend the contracts of those who might make you a few bucks.

Queens aren’t daft I’m sure they’ll be on the case. The lad has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Queens aren’t daft I’m sure they’ll be on the case. The lad has so much potential.
    Yes I'm sure they are but I alway get nervous about the power of players agents who are just looking for a cut of the wages or transfer/signing on fee. This I believe is why players do not commit to longer term contracts at our level as the money is alway better elsewhere. Sad but true but hopefully a deal can be made to keep our best players at Palmerston this January and this includes Pybus who since his move further up front is somewhat of an unsung hero with his perpetual motion never giving defenders or midfields a minutes rest.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

jardi your asking those guys that you defend so much to extend player contracts lol ,our bod are running this club tighter than the skin of a snare drum ,i dont get how you are happy with the budgets the team have to put up with then ask for contract extensions that breach there beloved budget ,nae chance jardi queens will always be a jackel and hyde team who have the odd wee run then months of doom while the club are ran by our current regime ,queens are on a decent run atm which blinds most fans to the obvious problems .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    jardi your asking those guys that you defend so much to extend player contracts lol ,our bod are running this club tighter than the skin of a snare drum ,i dont get how you are happy with the budgets the team have to put up with then ask for contract extensions that breach there beloved budget ,nae chance jardi queens will always be a jackel and hyde team who have the odd wee run then months of doom while the club are ran by our current regime ,queens are on a decent run atm which blinds most fans to the obvious problems .
    Never seen you giving the club much credit for their part in the Lyndon Dykes deal which has seen Queens financial secure during these uncertain times.

Agreed.....the problem with Francis is that he seems to like the doom and gloom that he spouts on this board. He does have some really good ideas, - but like Queens, - he's just not consistent...………………..well with regards to positivity!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)