+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Reminder to all fellow members: NCM situation

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I am indeed EP one of the worst offenders right alongside yourself but I rarely instigate just respond and respond and respond.

As I've said before I'm not a fan of personal attacks, insults, going off topic, and OTT reactions I'd much prefer to argue about all things Notts. But if it happens more than happy to fire back as evidenced on an all too regular basis

Why isn't it being used? That's strange I thought it would be really popular with many a person on here.
    That's very contradictory. A few minutes ago you said "One simple solution is to just keep on topic of the thread (Notts/football) and avoid instigating personal insults and points scoring. It can't be that hard"? Now you've just said "I'd much prefer to argue about all things Notts. But if it happens more than happy to fire back as evidenced on an all too regular basis". So which one is it?

As I've said often, you either have free speech or you don't, and as such I'm not a fan of some of the over-zealous legislation that has taken effect in recent times.

However, we are where we are and NCM has no option but to ensure that this message board doesn't break the law. Therefore, any participant who respects and wants to protect this forum should not make the job of excellent moderators like Swalepie more difficult than it already is.

We should treat each other with respect and common courtesy anyway. We all pay our fellow posters a basic compliment simply by interacting with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's very contradictory. A few minutes ago you said "One simple solution is to just keep on topic of the thread (Notts/football) and avoid instigating personal insults and points scoring. It can't be that hard"? Now you've just said "I'd much prefer to argue about all things Notts. But if it happens more than happy to fire back as evidenced on an all too regular basis". So which one is it?
    It's not very contradictory, not contradictory They are in fact supportive of one another.

Keep on topic, argue all we like about all things Notts. Avoid going off topic. Avoid starting personal spats, and avoid using personal insults or nasty words.

All things Notts is the key, that's why we are all here (hopefully) isn't it?

Unrealistic I realise but if everyone followed that general rule outside of the Luggage room bickering thread then the forum would be a much improved place IMO.

If someone gets needlessly personal or throws insults in my direction I will respond in kind albeit a slightly more subtle version.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's not very contradictory, not contradictory They are in fact supportive of one another.

Keep on topic, argue all we like about all things Notts. Avoid going off topic. Avoid starting personal spats, and avoid using personal insults or nasty words.

All things Notts is the key, that's why we are all here (hopefully) isn't it?

Unrealistic I realise but if everyone followed that general rule outside of the Luggage room bickering thread then the forum would be a much improved place IMO.

If someone gets needlessly personal or throws insults in my direction I will respond in kind albeit a slightly more subtle version.
    Right, so it's the second one.

And so it begins.... Again

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    And so it begins.... Again
    At the moment, this is a discussion about petty arguments to try and find a solution. It's not a petty argument.......... yet.

If it becomes one, it should continue in the appointed place.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At the moment, this is a discussion about petty arguments to try and find a solution. It's not a petty argument.......... yet.

If it becomes one, it should continue in the appointed place.
    I really wish it wasn't on this thread though. I'd much prefer people to simply read the original post and take note

I sometimes think that FootyMad would be doing us all a favour by closing down the board. At least we then wouldn’t have to suffer the tedium of the Elite/Laddo exchanges. It appears that neither of them can survive without their daily !ntercourse with one another. But then, who am I to deprive them of their daily fix? I suggest that we all just turn a blind eye to this bromance being played out before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I sometimes think that FootyMad would be doing us all a favour by closing down the board. At least we then wouldn’t have to suffer the tedium of the Elite/Laddo exchanges. It appears that neither of them can survive without their daily !ntercourse with one another. But then, who am I to deprive them of their daily fix? I suggest that we all just turn a blind eye to this bromance being played out before our eyes.
    Even though that post nearly made me vomit (it was the daily intercourse part) the 'turn a blind eye' bit made me smile. People have often said that they don't want to read petty arguments, but when I tried to facilitate them by moving it to the Luggage (formerly Handbags) place, I couldn't help but note down the number of views before I moved it. Guess what - when I moved it to a place it could easily have been avoided, within 24 hours it had gained over 400 views! One poster who I won't name had said he had complained to the mods about arguments, but then he posted on the thread it had been moved to which he wasn't supposed to see. Explain that one if you can!

I don't see any reason why anyone should post anything on a footy message board that would come anywhere near close to getting the site in trouble. It's the 2nd main reason why I tend to avoid O/T at all costs.

As for tedious petty squabbles, I think a solution has been found in this thread.

RIP Petty Personal Squabbles

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast