+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost there.... takeover done!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    In fact I suspect you wouldnt want anybody born outside Yarkshu to represent you?

If he'd taken up football then maybe Fred Trueman would probably have said so. No fancy dans here, lad.

Outside Yarkshu? Maybe if they could pronounce it, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    In fact I suspect you wouldnt want anybody born outside Yarkshu to represent you?
    If he'd taken up football then maybe Fred Trueman would probably have said so. No fancy dans here, lad.

They'd probably have tried again.

I was just reading an article in the DET dated 30 October 2020 with the headline, Takeover Deal to be completed Soon or words to that effect, wonder if we will be still waiting next October?

It's a small fishing village 30km from Tokyo.

There’s a post on FaceBook from a well known fan, aimed at Steve Nicholson, stating that Mel has lost almost £400m and needs to stump up £35m in two weeks AND owes Cocu (and probably entourage) £5.5m.

OK, it's FB so the claim would need to be fact checked...........

Does anyone actually believe that this takeover will happen? All the signs are that Derby haven't a pot to piss in, selling off players, scrabbling around in the bargain bucket for incoming players.

Even the decision to appoint Rooney as manager seems now to be based more on financial rather than football reasons, whilst to date that decision seems a good one, given that it involves little or no financial outlay - any other manager coming in would ahve wanted to appoint his own backroom staff and thus more pay outs to those departing.

I'm not bothered either way, (in fact on balance I'd rather the takeover didn't happen) just wish the whole saga would be over and done with, if we are to be a low budget self sustaining club going forward, then so be it, it would just be nice to be certain of how the club is going forward.

Many said Mel had been poorly recently and by the sound of it quite seriously too, I've always been a surpporter of his so I think those fans calling him should show a little decency and respect, no owner buys a club with anything but good intentions but sometimes things just conspire against you and makes your tenure less then pleasurable but fair play to Mel he wasn't shy in dipping into his pockets and still won't be, invested heavily in both the club and academy which became a cat 1 under his tenure as well but there inevitably comes a time when you have to revaluate, your health and wellbeing is more important than the club and as Mel has mentioned before owners are just custodians of the club anyway and now is the time to pass it on to the next, personally I would like to thank Mel for everything he's done

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...200m-loss.html

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Many said Mel had been poorly recently and by the sound of it quite seriously too, I've always been a surpporter of his so I think those fans calling him should show a little decency and respect, no owner buys a club with anything but good intentions but sometimes things just conspire against you and makes your tenure less then pleasurable but fair play to Mel he wasn't shy in dipping into his pockets and still won't be, invested heavily in both the club and academy which became a cat 1 under his tenure as well but there inevitably comes a time when you have to revaluate, your health and wellbeing is more important than the club and as Mel has mentioned before owners are just custodians of the club anyway and now is the time to pass it on to the next, personally I would like to thank Mel for everything he's done

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...200m-loss.html
    Can think of a few that have bought clubs without the best of intentions, Stenson, but Mel isn’t one of them and I completely support your sentiments.
    Wish him well...unfortunately the last few months don’t fill me with confidence about the Sheik’s integrity.

Interview with Mel in the Daily fail. Suspected but not diagnosed Covid last March. Had an oxygen machine installed at home and was very ill for 5 or 6 weeks. Further health issues seeing "bits of bowel and back being cut off" which sounds like cancer.

He also says there are contractual obligations for him to sell and for the Sheikh to buy. He will lose in excess of £200M on the deal. he also says he will continue to bankroll the club until the deal is finalised which will cost him more. Another quote is that he doesn't regret his involvement at all.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)