+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost there.... takeover done!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nobody picked up the album title then?
    Highly appropriate as we play like Dancing Fools

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Nobody picked up the album title then?
    You are one inventive mother.....

I never gave this much thought but as Sky are now reporting there is a legally binding contract between dcfc and derventio it now becomes interesting, of course if all the papers were signed last week and we were just waiting for the money to be sent then yes I guess we do have a legally binding contract, but until the money comes through mel won't hand over the front door keys so he's stuck with a club he doesn't legally own and won't want to put his own money into it anymore, all the while the arabs are playing silly burgers.
    I can see us sueing them for breach of contract and damages if they do a u turn

What a bloody awful mess

I still can't get my head around why Mel got involved with this lot and why he didn't confirm their integrity money wise before it got to the document signing stage. My presumption can only be that desperation ruled his business brain, mind you what his solicitor was doing god only knows!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I still can't get my head around why Mel got involved with this lot and why he didn't confirm their integrity money wise before it got to the document signing stage. My presumption can only be that desperation ruled his business brain, mind you what his solicitor was doing god only knows!
    Because Mel's an idiot that has made **** up after **** up. He seems to have destroyed a stable club looking up, and is trying to hand over to a less than inspiring new ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Because Mel's an idiot that has made **** up after **** up. He seems to have destroyed a stable club looking up, and is trying to hand over to a less than inspiring new ownership.
    We are certainly up to our necks in it and as for the possible new owners 'less than inspiring' is rather generous Adi.I can think of stronger words!

Mel is a thorough going *******

Heard a whisper W. Brett Wilson might be interested in a return. Of the GSE crowd, probably the only one I wouldn't dismiss out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Mel is a thorough going *******
    He’s certainly made mistakes...but what makes you say that, OTR?

The way I see it at the moment is that all trust is in danger of evaporating.
    Sure trust in Sheikh whatever he’s called is rapidly disappearing as far as everyone from MM to the fans is concerned.
    Likewise trust from the fans in MM himself is on the wane given that he and his advisors have championed the takeover.
    Trust in those that run the club has also taken a hammering over the Keogh affair...personally I can still see the moral logic of offering RK reduced contract terms because of his culpability in the incident, but those who know better, i.e. experts in employment law, should have provided more informed advice.
    Once that lack of trust spreads to the players, if it hasn’t already, over unpaid wages and the mishandling of the above, we really are in dire trouble.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)