+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Almost there.... takeover done!

If Mel wasn't from Derby, but someone from China, would people still be so quick to support him? There is a mass of unconscious bias for this man, I doubt the new owner would be afforded the same.

On Mel, I was asked earlier if i Knew anything about his illness. I wasn't aware he was ill.

Can any of my fellow posters shed some light on this?

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    If Mel wasn't from Derby, but someone from China, would people still be so quick to support him? There is a mass of unconscious bias for this man, I doubt the new owner would be afforded the same.
    Tbf, Adi...if Mel was from China or elsewhere in the world it seems unlikely he would have made the effort he has over the last five years or so.
    You really can’t fault the effort or the financial input.
    Not for one moment am I suggesting he hasn’t made mistakes. As a fan he’s probably allowed his heart to rule his head on too many occasions, in much the same way as Lionel Pickering did, but there are worse faults.

Perhaps Mel is from Wuhan, and he is guilty of more than just running our club into the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbf, Adi...if Mel was from China or elsewhere in the world it seems unlikely he would have made the effort he has over the last five years or so.
    You really can’t fault the effort or the financial input.
    Not for one moment am I suggesting he hasn’t made mistakes. As a fan he’s probably allowed his heart to rule his head on too many occasions, in much the same way as Lionel Pickering did, but there are worse faults.
    I totally agree with you rA, however, he is the custodian of a community asset, of a psychological and physical lifeline for ten's of thousands from that community and when he took over that asset he accepted that responsibility. Yes, he has done a huge amount to make his tenure as custodian a success but even then by accepting that responsibility he can only be judged on his actions not his emotions. His faults, unfortunately, override everything else if the future of that asset is in jeopardy. He has done some excellent things for the club but he is totally responsible for our current plight and he must accept the anger that he is now receiving from the fans. Do I want success for the club?? Only if it doesn't place the clubs whole well being and future in jeopardy and anyone who does place it in jeopardy will receive my condemnation, even Saint Teresa!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I totally agree with you rA, however, he is the custodian of a community asset, of a psychological and physical lifeline for ten's of thousands from that community and when he took over that asset he accepted that responsibility. Yes, he has done a huge amount to make his tenure as custodian a success but even then by accepting that responsibility he can only be judged on his actions not his emotions. His faults, unfortunately, override everything else if the future of that asset is in jeopardy. He has done some excellent things for the club but he is totally responsible for our current plight and he must accept the anger that he is now receiving from the fans. Do I want success for the club?? Only if it doesn't place the clubs whole well being and future in jeopardy and anyone who does place it in jeopardy will receive my condemnation, even Saint Teresa!
    I accept that, mac...although it seems horribly ironic that Morris, like Pickering before him, imo the two ‘custodians of a community asset’ who have cared the most, should now be copping so much flak.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a chairman/owner’s responsibility outlined quite as well as ‘custodians of a community asset, of a psychological and physical lifeline for tens of thousands from that community’, before.

I can’t fully accept that MM is ‘totally responsible’. In my opinion others have let him down very badly, but I do understand your point about the anger of the fans...and of course if he accepts the plaudits he must also accept the brickbats.

Maybe he should be made more aware of your description of his responsibility. If only the DT or Radio Derby could come up with something half as telling or original.

The only difference between him and many other owners is that he is "one of our own". Other than the odd billionaire using a club as a play thing, the majority of owners care about their investments just as much as Mel does, receive the same good / bad advice, and make decisions on the same basis. Ultimately, he has failed, and seems to be trying to cut his losses by selling us off before we totally crash.

Good luck to him.

So it's being reported that the sheikhs main backer pulled out leaving him and dcfc in this situation, so your related to the royal family an worth billions but need a backer to buy a club for 60m, hmmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So it's being reported that the sheikhs main backer pulled out leaving him and dcfc in this situation, so your related to the royal family an worth billions but need a backer to buy a club for 60m, hmmmm?
    Apparently NOT related to Sheikh Mansour of Citeh....... as I said in an earlier post on FM, his business model is to seek out incestment possibilities and then source financing from backers. Doesn't appear to have a lot of dough himself.

The worst bit about this is that the vultures are circling, wanting to offer cut price amounts for the likes of Knight and Sibley (the DYS) and Kaide Gordon (Liverpool and at least one of the Manc clubs).

Please let there be no fire sale of promising jewels for peanuts....... especially not to the DYS.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Apparently NOT related to Sheikh Mansour of Citeh....... as I said in an earlier post on FM, his business model is to seek out incestment possibilities and then source financing from backers. Doesn't appear to have a lot of dough himself.

The worst bit about this is that the vultures are circling, wanting to offer cut price amounts for the likes of Knight and Sibley (the DYS) and Kaide Gordon (Liverpool and at least one of the Manc clubs).

Please let there be no fire sale of promising jewels for peanuts....... especially not to the DYS.
    Model to seek out incestment!! Looks like he has failed to demonstrate an incestuous relationship with Mank****ty owner

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)