+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lyle Taylor / BLM

Lyle Taylor / BLM

Lyle Taylor is against racism but does not support BLM, refuses to take the knee, and was amazed at the way the majority of the media and other institutions were falling over themselves to climb into bed with that organisation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p093kxcw

That's what I think a lot of the people against taking the knee were trying to say. I would imagine 99.9% of people are against racism and support organisations such as kick it out, BLM is a political organisation and has no reason to be in sporting events.

Taking the knee also does not translate in the UK. In the US, they do it during their national anthem which is played before games and is seen as very taboo, in the UK, what exactly is it supposed to even be? It's not stopping racism, so what is it achieving?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's what I think a lot of the people against taking the knee were trying to say. I would imagine 99.9% of people are against racism and support organisations such as kick it out, BLM is a political organisation and has no reason to be in sporting events.

Taking the knee also does not translate in the UK. In the US, they do it during their national anthem which is played before games and is seen as very taboo, in the UK, what exactly is it supposed to even be? It's not stopping racism, so what is it achieving?
    Completely agree on all counts, it's just that there's a segment of society who sees the position "I'm against racism but I don't like BLM" as some kind of giveaway of actually being a closet racist.

Unfortunately this segment of society contains most mainstream journalists, corporate entities and educational institutions, hence when the BLM gesture was booed, people had their season tickets revoked and the press reacted like they'd re-enacted Kristallnacht in the stands.

Hopefully now a black player has 'come out' that will help, although I doubt the newspaper I read will want to publish anything about this.

I think most people came to their senses on this issue some time ago, Currently, I don't much feel the need to talk about it, I probably do get drawn into things like this to a large extent to understand my own position. I'm quite certain now though that BLM is not good mental health.

Footballers generally aren't very bright but they're also, as public figures, under greater scrutiny and pressure. The idea that 100% of them still, after all of this time, genuinely think taking the knee is a good idea cannot possibly be the case. There will be many doing it because they are scared not to and that is a very sorry state of affairs for this game to be in.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Lyle Taylor is against racism but does not support BLM, refuses to take the knee, and was amazed at the way the majority of the media and other institutions were falling over themselves to climb into bed with that organisation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p093kxcw
    First time I've liked a Forest player. Apart from one( tosser) of my black friends. they all feel the same as Lyle.

Bump Lyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    First time I've liked a Forest player. Apart from one( tosser) of my black friends. they all feel the same as Lyle.
    All

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Bump Lyle.

In before Swale.