+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intensity

Intensity

Anyone else had a feeling in some games in the last 2 months that we lack intensity, desire and drive. We should be at it all game giving it everything and often playing look slow and casual.

Phillips is often for me the prime culprit for this for all the praise that comes his way. He does stupid no look passes in the wrong areas of the pitch.

I wonder if some of them are beginning to believe the media hype rather than concentrating on being the hardest working team and striving to improve.

At least Llorente is fit again to come into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Anyone else had a feeling in some games in the last 2 months that we lack intensity, desire and drive. We should be at it all game giving it everything and often playing look slow and casual.

Phillips is often for me the prime culprit for this for all the praise that comes his way. He does stupid no look passes in the wrong areas of the pitch.

I wonder if some of them are beginning to believe the media hype rather than concentrating on being the hardest working team and striving to improve.

At least Llorente is fit again to come into the team.
    Yes, but I think it's called tiredness.
    And last bit Yes again we should get another game into him till the season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    And last bit Yes again we should get another game into him till the season ends.
    You obviously havent watched our recent Premier League games?, Tiredness is no way a problem at the minute..

I’m sure Karen Carney will have an opinion, not that I care, but I’m sure there’ll be a headline detrimental to Leeds somewhere, about which I do care.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Not sure it’s tiredness Oz - they can run when they need to but we seem to be increasingly reactive and not constantly buzzing around teams with our press.

When we have the ball we don’t seem to make as many runs to be the spare player.

Maybe it’s just teams have figured out how to stifle us more and we don’t yet have the extra quality to unlock that new puzzle. Hey ho

Not sure it’s tiredness Oz - they can run when they need to but we seem to be increasingly reactive and not constantly buzzing around teams with our press.

When we have the ball we don’t seem to make as many runs to be the spare player.

Maybe it’s just teams have figured out how to stifle us more and we don’t yet have the extra quality to unlock that new puzzle. Hey ho
    STOP IT!!!! It's NOT TIREDNESS!!!! Pete is spot on, its passion and commitment, and today our 1st team players, who turn out week in week out to play on the PL showed absolutely none of either. They couldn't be tired because they never broke sweat!

"They can run when they need to".......and so they didn't need to run today, because I never saw anything that could be called a "run" more a stagger, or a fall, or a stumble, nothing remotely resembling what we KNOW these same players are capable of.

About time our head coach started to call a spade a spade, instead of suggesting that todays result generates "sadness and disappointment" rather than shame and embarrassment. Truth hurts, time the players made some sacrifices.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    STOP IT!!!! It's NOT TIREDNESS!!!! Pete is spot on, its passion and commitment, and today our 1st team players, who turn out week in week out to play on the PL showed absolutely none of either. They couldn't be tired because they never broke sweat!

"They can run when they need to".......and so they didn't need to run today, because I never saw anything that could be called a "run" more a stagger, or a fall, or a stumble, nothing remotely resembling what we KNOW these same players are capable of.

About time our head coach started to call a spade a spade, instead of suggesting that todays result generates "sadness and disappointment" rather than shame and embarrassment. Truth hurts, time the players made some sacrifices.
    Agree it is not tiredness - that was what i was trying to say. I think there is a malaise which may in part be due to believing the hype.

Bamford always puts in a shift and typically Alioski. Dallas and Ayling too.

Some of the others seem to have days where the intensity and desire to get there first or make the difference isn’t there.

I really like Phillips and Klich but in the last few months they both have days when they are shadows of what we know they can do.

I can see why Wolves were so eager to off load Costa - he has skill and talent but seems so frail too often or just not aggressive enough with or without the ball. With his speed and skill he should be skinning players and driving to the goal area.

I wish Bielsa would follow Mourinho’s simple formula to first team squads sometimes - I need two good players in each position - but we know he won’t and we need patience whilst the quality of players is upgraded season by season if we can stay up.

Agree it is not tiredness - that was what i was trying to say. I think there is a malaise which may in part be due to believing the hype.

Bamford always puts in a shift and typically Alioski. Dallas and Ayling too.

Some of the others seem to have days where the intensity and desire to get there first or make the difference isn’t there.

I really like Phillips and Klich but in the last few months they both have days when they are shadows of what we know they can do.

I can see why Wolves were so eager to off load Costa - he has skill and talent but seems so frail too often or just not aggressive enough with or without the ball. With his speed and skill he should be skinning players and driving to the goal area.

I wish Bielsa would follow Mourinho’s simple formula to first team squads sometimes - I need two good players in each position - but we know he won’t and we need patience whilst the quality of players is upgraded season by season if we can stay up.
    We're not bad enough to get relegated, I honestly believe that. But neither do we have either the squad to get us above mid-table, nor a coach who has the state of mind that makes him capable of dictating to our owner as to what is required (yes, I mean that) or flexible enough to exploit the investments made in the younger squads. He will cope with what he gets, and do miracles in making a silk purse from a sows ear at 1st team level, but doing what Klopp, Mourinho, Arteta, and a couple of others do, nope.

Agree with most if not all that's been said, I too wish bielsa would come out and say it exactly as it is, "leeds were rubbish and I can't stand up for any of them"

klich looks dead on his feet, and phillips badly out of form, that leaves us SFA in the engine room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)