+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Top 5 all time Premier League Players

Top 5 all time Premier League Players

As a bit of light relief from today - top 5 most effective all time prem league players. My suggestions.

1. T Henry
    2. R Keane
    3. A Shearer
    4. S Aguero
    5. Y Toure

1. For Man Utd Cantona
    2. For Liverpool Gerrard
    3. For Arsenal Henry
    4. For Man City Aguero
    5. For Chelsea Drogba

1. Peter Schmeichel
    2. Keane
    3. Shearer
    4. Gary Speed
    5. Giggs

First 5 names on teamsheet for me, based on longevity in the league and what they contributed to the clubs they represented.

1- Thierry Henry - guy took the mick out of teams at times, prick even came back to score against us
    2- Roy Keane- utter prick but what a leader.
    3- Vincent Kompany- a colossus at the back in a time where you couldn't hold players, stamp on feet like the old days
    4- Jamie Vardy- say what you want, he is basically the reason Leicester are even relevant these days! Impact is what I'm thinking not necessarily overall talent
    5- Steven Gerrard - leader, toss up with Roy Keane as he actually won PL......Fat Frank can piss off.

To be honest I could do this again in 5 minutes and think of 5 others! Be a good thread for different positions like goalies

1- Schmeichel
    2- Cech
    3- Martyn (yep he was that good for me, hero)
    4- Seaman
    5- Van Der Sar or Hugh Lloris

Again, off top of my head and I'm definitely forgetting a few.

There have certainly been some quality keepers - you could add Neville Southall, Tim Flowers and Begovic to that list too I guess.

Full Backs - again off the top of my head

1. Ashley Cole
    2. Dennis Irwin
    3. Gary Kelly
    4. Ivanovic
    5. Pearce

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)