Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
I've constantly been bemused with this sort of comment, "I'd like to single out Pieters for special praise. i was worried they would target him and run him ragged. But he was outstanding."

Not having a pop at you 59er, but Pieters is a fully fledged Dutch international and as far as I know they don't give out full international caps for 5 Kellogg's tokens in Holland.

Since he came to join us from Stoke, I think his contribution to the cause has been truly outstanding. I hope we can add five like him this window for the same sort of money we sent to the Potters to bring Erik to Turf Moor.
Come on BT - I’ll grant he has done a decent job when asked and has been a bargain in truth but we need better players who are mobile week in week out.

He is a back up player at best ( should be ) for us and steps in and does a great job when first selection is missing.

I’m a bit worried for us as it goes because the players who look most likely to influence games and are intelligent and mobile can’t get in the team while we have others who seem to be allowed to do as they please.

Charlie will be back this week I think and that’s a big plus for us as he has both of the above attributes - there were a few on here who scoffed at Troy Deeney ( and i completely get why ) but I had a think last night about how they steamrollerd us second half and I wandered how often deeney would get out muscled and if he could get the ball down in the right areas for the midfield to support him - I’m willing to wager he’d have done a lot better than the front two last night - he’s getting on a bit I know but he’s a better footballer and could do a six month spell for us.