+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Time Ram - where art thou?

Question Old Time Ram - where art thou?

I am not going forum searching to find you, but please give us your thoughts on just what is going on with the Rams?

Should the FA Cup game against Chorley gone ahead with such a COVID depleted squad?

Is Rooney up for the job?

Come on Oldtimer spill the beans?

If you go in the DCFC fans forum there is a lot of debate about the whole Derby fiasco.

With regard to the FA Cup game there was some talk about if we didn't play the game we'd receive a sanction of some kind from EFL. I think Rooney decided it would be good to give the U23s some game time, but unfortunately, quite a few of the young lambs also went down with Covid the day before, necessitating that he draw in some of the U18s, some of which had not even played more than 40 mins each half or even played in the U18 team. If we had fielded the strongest U23 team I think we would have won that game comfortably.

Most fans were against Rooney being given the job at first, but performances have improved a lot since he took over and he has conducted himself very well. He is not as daft as comes across. The tide of opinion seems to be drifting in his favour now.

The biggest issues at the club at the moment are the players not getting paid on time and the farce of a takeover from some UAE Sheikh, which despite promises from the club does not seem to be happening. The owner Mel "Candy Crush" Morris seems to have gone AWOL and nobody seems to know what is happening, Rooney and McClaren included!

There's a lot of negativity on the various Derby forum's at the moment. We desperately need a striker in the Jan window but nobody seems to know who owns or funds the club anymore

My personal opinion is the sooner Morris goes the better but this new potential owner seems downright dodgy from what I read. Not good times at Derby ATM.

Thanks for that Oldtimer. Things sound rough.

I hope our new Yankee Mormon Chairman can step up to the plate.

Happy new year Rammy. Not good times at Burnley with the ALK takeover methinks.

Rammy, so sorry to read your news about what is happening at your club.
    As always, it is the real fans who suffer and who are always kept in the dark, particularly in these days when you can't even attend matches.
    The virus must have cost the club a lot of money and you will not really know how much because your owner seems to have gone missing, however, you always sense that things are worse than you think when players etc. are not paid on time.

All I can do is to wish you well and hope that things are sorted out and your club can get back on a path to success once again.

Thanks guys

All the best and stay safe

BREAKING NEWS. They tested all of the Derby players after the game and unfortunately they have all tested Positive for Calpol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Thanks guys

BREAKING NEWS. They tested all of the Derby players after the game and unfortunately they have all tested Positive for Calpol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Thanks guys

The humour will get you through it Oldtimer. Chin up old son.

I think that seeing Leeds losing 0-2 at Crawley will get us all through this! Thirty minutes to go ---come on Crawley!

Hope all you guys are staying safe out there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)