+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: OT a frightening thought

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Actually the twitter issue is an irrelevance. He is no more or no less dangerous because of it. So let's look at some facts: what desperately frightening, nay terrifying, things have actually happened on his watch? Erm, still thinking, can't blame him for covid, nor a policeman in Minnesota, he didn't instigate brexit or build his Mexican wall.

In fact its all been hot air for his term of office, until the mob rule in Washington recently.

For sure he is a bogeyman, but have some faith in the checks and balances in the US constitution which have largely thwarted his extremes.

So I ask you - what has he done to terrify you?
    This actually says it pretty well, I think the media have made too many people ‘frit’ of the wrong chap

I fear that, not for the first time, you’re being a tad obtuse, GP.
    I said I found the current situation...with the most powerful man in the World not being trusted with a Twitter Account...to be terrifying.
    You asked for examples of his worrying/disturbing behaviour and I provided them.
    I’m unlikely to be ‘scared ****less’ in the night and Mrs rA would be no use...a) she wouldn’t wake up and b) she hates him more than I do.

I haven’t commented on the efficacy of his wall building plan but, for what it’s worth, Wiki suggests 450-500 miles of wall has been built during Trump’s presidency. Having driven along the Arizona/Mexico border about 20 months ago I can confirm there’s a great deal more than 15 miles of wall.

Funny to me, with all this Trump scares me ****less talk. He has a finger on the button sob.

Can anyone tell me, what if anything, Trump has done involving military action against a foreign power?
    We've seen plenty of words/hot air. In fact he has even managed to cool down some heated hot zones.

Hell fire, I'll go back as far as Jimmy Carter off the top of my head, as being someone authorising military action, that could have started a war.
    But oh no. Trump is a the bigger monster. He upsets the woke brigade and that is far scarier than anything Bush/ Obama did.

He's a clown, who's had his time. Biden will be a new clown in a different way.
    I've fretted more about my cat going missing, than anything Trump has done.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I fear that, not for the first time, you’re being a tad obtuse, GP.
    I said I found the current situation...with the most powerful man in the World not being trusted with a Twitter Account...to be terrifying.
    You asked for examples of his worrying/disturbing behaviour and I provided them.
    I’m unlikely to be ‘scared ****less’ in the night and Mrs rA would be no use...a) she wouldn’t wake up and b) she hates him more than I do.

I haven’t commented on the efficacy of his wall building plan but, for what it’s worth, Wiki suggests 450-500 miles of wall has been built during Trump’s presidency. Having driven along the Arizona/Mexico border about 20 months ago I can confirm there’s a great deal more than 15 miles of wall.
    I'm just citing a bbc article from October 2020 but bear in mind there were about 300 miles of wall already there before trump started that you may have been seeing on your jaunt

I'm just citing a bbc article from October 2020 but bear in mind there were about 300 miles of wall already there before trump started that you may have been seeing on your jaunt
    Yep, I totally accept that some of it is replacement/repair/refurbishment. Nevertheless he has, as I suggested, begun his wall. The recent parts are markedly different and more imposing and he did of course find his term of office cut unexpectedly (to him) short by 50%.

Aye, hed have maybe finished 30 miles by end of second term, but the drug cartels would have blown most of that up around Juarez by then too!!

The sooner we're rid of Trump, the better. But do you remember him getting hammered for talking about the 'China Virus', well now our dear friend Merkel is quoted as blaming rising covid cases in Germany, on this 'British Virus'. I wonder if she'll receive the same condemnation as Trump or the political point scoring of the British government when discussing the first vaccines being available in Britain?

Aye, hed have maybe finished 30 miles by end of second term, but the drug cartels would have blown most of that up around Juarez by then too!!
    ...or maybe, if it’s just 15-30 miles long, have just walked around it.

Maginot Line mark 2

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)