+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Any recommended box sets similar to Prison Break ?

Boardwalk Empire is decent, set in 1920's prohibition America.

Don't feel bad about not liking breaking bad. I was mightily underwhelmed by it I have to say. I also couldn't get interested in Game of Thrones either. And I'm from Belfast. So that's close to being illegal.

I suppose I can only recommend what I've seen and liked recently:

The Rain (Loved it)
    Into the night (Loved it)
    Carnival Row (Really didn't think i'd like it but I did)
    The Witcher (Wife made me watch it - actually quite enjoyed it)
    Queens Gambit (Again wife made me watch it - Really enjoyed it)
    Black Summer (Weird zombie thing with minimal dialog - 100% my bag)

Thing is series are wild short these days which I always said i'd prefer cause you get more quality with less quantity. But it really doesn't lend itself to a world where you can't go out. So if you're looking for volume here's a few older ones that have had a good long run:

The Wire (Rewatched it recently - still awesome)
    Battlestar Galactica (If you're into sci-fi that was a brilliant reboot)
    24 (I've watched the whole thing about 5 times. Apart from the crappy attempted revival in London it was rubbish)

I could keep going and write a list as long as yer arm. I never even used to watch much TV and now I think I think I've watched most of Netflix. (24, The Wire, and BSG were my own actual box sets with the shiny disks in. Not sure if you can get them on a streaming service now)

Anyway that my input. Just away to watch some more of snowpeircer. Not sure it's any good yet but I've almost finished season 1 so I suppose it has something.

Queen's Gambit was excellent and I also enjoyed Messiah. Lupin looks promising but I haven't started that yet. A lot of people have recommended Money Heist to me too, might be worth a look?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-01-2021 at 10:18 PM.

I liked the Queen’s Gambit. Not sure it had much in common with Prison Break though...

I'd forgotten about Messiah! It was brilliant!

Well I've watched a few episodes of Lupin this evening and can report that it was pretty good. Worth a go.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Well I've watched a few episodes of Lupin this evening and can report that it was pretty good. Worth a go.
    Is it about flowers ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBalrog View Post
    24 (I've watched the whole thing about 5 times. Apart from the crappy attempted revival in London it was rubbish)

I could keep going and write a list as long as yer arm. I never even used to watch much TV and now I think I think I've watched most of Netflix. (24, The Wire, and BSG were my own actual box sets with the shiny disks in. Not sure if you can get them on a streaming service now)
    24 is on Amazon Prime!

Ozark for me, season 3 was sensationally good

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Is it about flowers ?
    Not this one no.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast