+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT - Any recommended box sets similar to Prison Break ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Is it about flowers ?
    No, highwayman Dennis Moore, steals lupins from the rich to give to the poor. Good shout from Swale, I enjoyed it. And Queen's Gambit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    No, highwayman Dennis Moore, steals lupins from the rich to give to the poor.
    Poor bloke never had a merry band with which to ride through the land either

Meanwhile, here's the Lupin that isn't Dennis Moore's trailer...

Last edited by SwalePie; 12-01-2021 at 01:03 PM.

I would recommend succession.

Nothing like Prison Break but absolutely superb nonetheless

Not a box set but 'A Teacher' on BBC i-player is excellent. Basic story is of a ***ual relationship between a young married teacher and one of her 16 year old pupils.

Some great suggestions folks - some I have heard of, some not, so plenty to explore.
    Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Some great suggestions folks - some I have heard of, some not, so plenty to explore.
    Cheers all.
    I quite liked “The Great” about Catherine The Great of Russia. It’s almost entirely fictional, but a very good laugh. Catherine’s husband, Peter, is the star of the show. The rest is mostly filler around his hilarious antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    No, highwayman Dennis Moore, steals lupins from the rich to give to the poor. Good shout from Swale, I enjoyed it. And Queen's Gambit, too.
    That made me laugh Woody...Mrs Wedgie made me watch The Queen's Gambit which I enjoyed, but think in my case it was a weird fascination for Anya Taylor-Joy ( lead actor) which is a bit worrying for a man of my age...

Positive side I retrieved my chess set from the loft and am having remote matches with my grandson up in Grimsby at present its 3-3...

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    That made me laugh Woody...Mrs Wedgie made me watch The Queen's Gambit which I enjoyed, but think in my case it was a weird fascination for Anya Taylor-Joy ( lead actor) which is a bit worrying for a man of my age...

Positive side I retrieved my chess set from the loft and am having remote matches with my grandson up in Grimsby at present its 3-3...
    As long as giant chess pieces aren't swirling around your head when you're trying to get to sleep, it's a step up from draughts. She is very striking, unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Not a box set but 'A Teacher' on BBC i-player is excellent. Basic story is of a ***ual relationship between a young married teacher and one of her 16 year old pupils.
    Started watching this this week Sid, is very good although I find myself feeling a little uncomfortable at times, which is good, it means it is doing it's job!

Really enjoying Vikings on Prime, not the sort of thing I'd normally watch but needs must. Better Call Saul ( Netflix ) and Babylon Berlin ( Sky ) are another 2 good uns.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast