+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Any recommended box sets similar to Prison Break ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT - Any recommended box sets similar to Prison Break ?

Just watched all 5 series.

Got a bit silly towards the end, but action packed and some great characters.

Tried to get into Breaking Bad but not really as good as I had hoped (after a couple of episodes)

Not really a political intrigue genre fan, need a bit more action and suspense.

All suggestions appreciated.

Sons of Anarchy which I think is on most of the streaming platforms, definitely not short on action.

8.5/10 on IMDB which is a decent rating.

thanks - saw that a few years back - not for the faint hearted, but very good.

Queen's Gambit was excellent and I also enjoyed Messiah. Lupin looks promising but I haven't started that yet. A lot of people have recommended Money Heist to me too, might be worth a look?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-01-2021 at 10:18 PM.

The Last Ship. Full of action about a virus pandemic - actually really good with great characters.

Highly recommend Kingdom, based on MMA fighting but really about the characters, I had put off watching it cos thought it would just be about MMA but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    The Last Ship. Full of action about a virus pandemic - actually really good with great characters.
    Seen that too - very good indeed.

Ozarks has been recommended to me - any opinions ?

I also liked Gomorrah (Italian) and Before We Die (Swedish), so you know the kind of thing....

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Seen that too - very good indeed.

Ozarks has been recommended to me - any opinions ?

I also liked Gomorrah (Italian) and Before We Die (Swedish), so you know the kind of thing....
    Yeah Ozark is really good, especially seasons 2 and 3 after a slowish start. Gomorrah is decent for about 2 series but then got a bit samey after that. Fargo and Narcos are both fantastic. Mind hunter is good as well.

Breaking Bad is the daddy of the lot for me, seasons 3, 4 and 5 are just the best tv I’ve ever seen. Worth giving another go if you can be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Breaking Bad is the daddy of the lot for me, seasons 3, 4 and 5 are just the best tv I’ve ever seen. Worth giving another go if you can be bothered.

This^^^ As Biffa sez, give BB another go, it really starts to capture your interest half way thru Season 1.

Gumpy has mostly been watching 'Snow Piercer', which I think is based on a 2013 film?

And Steven King's 'The Stand', which is a 2020 version of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah Ozark is really good, especially seasons 2 and 3 after a slowish start. Gomorrah is decent for about 2 series but then got a bit samey after that. Fargo and Narcos are both fantastic. Mind hunter is good as well.

ok cheers, back to BB then, then Fargo or Narcos

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast