+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The question is

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Flying pigs & all that !
    I know, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm not convinced he won't get rid. This takeover will only happen if it's to happen at all if we're a PL team and that's looking increasingly uncertain. Ashley will be desperate to protect our PL status and might just look at how he delayed with McClaren and pull the plug sooner than we think.
    i agree zip, fatty wants out, the deal will only be done if we are a PL side.

this will have been talked about at boardroom level already.

Nick QC at last game talking to Barnes and the other bloke, they will know if this thing is going to go ahead.

Mike will pull the trigger within the next 7 days, probably already has someone else lined up

Ashley could well pull the plug - but who for?
    Who is going to be daft enough to take on this job?

Quote Originally Posted by alfienoakes View Post
    Ashley could well pull the plug - but who for?
    Who is going to be daft enough to take on this job?
    Well, if he does get rid, the quality of his replacement would give a big clue as to the direction the takeover i heading in.

Given what's a stake, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him throw money at a decent replacement, even if it was only a 6 month type contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i agree zip, fatty wants out, the deal will only be done if we are a PL side.

this will have been talked about at boardroom level already.

Nick QC at last game talking to Barnes and the other bloke, they will know if this thing is going to go ahead.

Mike will pull the trigger within the next 7 days, probably already has someone else lined up

Didn't you say he would pull the trigger by Christmas ? (Apologies if it was someone else)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Didn't you say he would pull the trigger by Christmas ? (Apologies if it was someone else)
    yeah it was probably me mate.

I keep looking at the situation from my professional point of view, no opinions, no excuses, just sheer data and facts.

In our meetings we populate all the data and analyse the metrics, look at the patterns and trends and go from there.

Nufc is a basic basic trend to see, complete regression, everything is reactive and there is no proactive intuitive thinking.

It leads to one conclusion, relegation if the form of the bottom three improves, meaning we can control our ow destiny if we act now.

I can't disagree with that. I (in this case) look at what fatso has done more than once in the past (pulling the trigger too late) resulting in two relegations.

Hope you're right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I can't disagree with that. I (in this case) look at what fatso has done more than once in the past (pulling the trigger too late) resulting in two relegations.

Hope you're right this time.
    That's what makes me think he might act sooner this time?

in any normal circumstances, Ashley would stick by him as he has proven to be a tlt in the past, this time though, he genuinely has a reason to protect the status of the club and the possible 300m+
    If he lets it go on for much more like it is,(and i literally mean another 2 games ending in defeat) id be inclined to think the takeover offer is not on the table anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)