+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fao bt.

Fao bt.

Thought of you mon ami when I read a piece in the Speccy by Will Knowland, the teacher sacked off by the Wokists now running Eton College.

He was talking about about his early days teaching there, and one lesson when some of the boys seemed unenthused and bored by Milton. 'Cheer up' he told them, 'two hundred years ago you could have been working down a mine'. 'Sir,' one of them replied deadpan, 'Two hundred years ago we'd have owned the mine.'

Thought you'd like that.

About right sinkov. Hope you took my advice and banged a good sum on Marine 0 v Spurs 5?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    About right sinkov. Hope you took my advice and banged a good sum on Marine 0 v Spurs 5?
    Of course not, I don't gamble, good shout though. I'll give you that.

I don’t gamble now also though back in the day I loved to go to York races and Chester races and have a flutter.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I don’t gamble now also though back in the day I loved to go to York races and Chester races and have a flutter.
    I used to love the York race meetings, which always coincided with my birthday in May. I lived in Bingley for over a decade and me and a few of my golf buddies used to go over and have one night in a hotel, go racing, eat well and get totally mortalled. Happy days indeed outwood.

BT: After my spell in Germany. I hitch hiked south, and on the then Italian/Yugoslavia border. I met up with these British lads from Bingley. Some disco there had sponsored them, by the name of Elmer. Could that have been your old 'snogging den'?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    BT: After my spell in Germany. I hitch hiked south, and on the then Italian/Yugoslavia border. I met up with these British lads from Bingley. Some disco there had sponsored them, by the name of Elmer. Could that have been your old 'snogging den'?
    Afraid not Balan, I was living the high life back then - Export Sales Director for a global concern and living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Afraid not Balan, I was living the high life back then - Export Sales Director for a global concern and living the dream.
    And now you live in Bolton and support Burnley.What went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    And now you live in Bolton and support Burnley.What went wrong?
    Nothing at all barrie, total peace and contentment at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Only night club going back some stack.of years was porkys - barely enough room to swing a cat but a good laugh on occasions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)