+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NUFC vs Sheff Utd

NUFC vs Sheff Utd

Other than the question of whether Wilson is fit, one big issue is Darlow or Dubravka.

As I've said, I think Dubravka is a better 'keeper and he's our number 1 as far as I'm concerned ( I mean, I know he actually is as well )

But...when you look at how well Darlow has played these last few months, I don't think another 'keeper could have done any better. Certainly I can't recall any goals where you thought 'that was down to Darlow' whether it was because his positioning was wrong or he didn't come for a ball that was his, dropped a clanger...whatever, because his progress has been excellent. So, with all that being said, I think he deserves to keep his Premier League place.

Maybe you could argue he knew the score and was always going to go back on the bench once Dubravka was fit because that's the role of a No2 'keeper...but I think it would be harsh.

The other thing I would like to see is Anderson on the bench. Oh, and Hendrick but for two totally opposite reasons.

And I'm sure we'll see Bruce go on the attack-as he has told us he likes to do-against a team without a PL win these season.....
    Last edited by Zippity; 11-01-2021 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Just sh!t typing, really...

I’m dreading this one Zip, there’s an article in The Chron comparing this to the Derby County shambles when Fat Sam was in charge and if anyone can fûck this up and give them their first win of the season it’s Béllend Bruce. Darlow for me tomorrow.

Oh, aye, I don't doubt for a moment we could lose this one. We've cored ONE goal in open play in 10 hours...10 hours, man, ffs.

No wins in 7 including playing a Chimpo team....near the bottom of the pile for any of the stats that matter...it's all set up for a disaster.

...which is why the luckiest manager in the League will probably get something out of this.

Darlow for me - he's earnt it.

It’s a no brainer - Darlow keeps the shirt and it’s up to Dubravka to get it back.

We need it, stay up and see what happens in the courts. Relegation & definitely no takeover and the gloves are off - the hatred towards all thing’s Ashley, Bruce, Charnley, other clubs with self interest, Qatar, Keys, the other lecherous one and the EPL will boil over.

We just know we are going to be the first side to lose to Sheffield United this season, If Wilson starts we have a slim chance but if the chuckle brothers start again Joelinton and Longstaff we are in trouble

I think we win this 1-0 and out of fairness reading opinions on here Darlow starts until he loses form. I still think Dubby is no1 though.

You’ve got to wonder why Wilson joined this maribund (yes, I’ve watched Alan Partridge) shower of shît of a club - presumably he was hedging his bets on being at a club that might have taken off under new owners but if it inevitably goes tîts up under Count Ashley and his current Igor incarnation of a manager he’ll have a release clause and there’ll be deserved interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    You’ve got to wonder why Wilson joined this maribund (yes, I’ve watched Alan Partridge) shower of shît of a club - presumably he was hedging his bets on being at a club that might have taken off under new owners but if it inevitably goes tîts up under Count Ashley and his current Igor incarnation of a manager he’ll have a release clause and there’ll be deserved interest in him.
    😁 Wilson is doing what he does, score goals and that is always desired. Like the club, Glenn Ponder's house band might change their name once in a while but the song remains the same.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)