Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
I think the Danes link first came about when Sven was trying to find us a buyer prior to Trew, Ludo Mobile or something like that rings a bell. Can’t remember any mention of Danes after that but then my memory is not the best.

Notts County: Danish billionaire's interest supported by rival

1 March 2016

A bid by an unnamed Danish billionaire to buy Notts County could lead to the withdrawal of local interest in a takeover, reports BBC Nottingham Sport.

Notts owner Ray Trew is keen to sell to Alan Hardy, chief executive of the Paragon Group and owner of the Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35696066

Note the date, almost a year before the club was eventually sold.
Trew probably exaggerated the Danish interest to put pressure on Hardy who did go public, said that a billionaire sounded great news for Notts and good luck, and then, surprise surprise, that was the end of the Danish interest.

It is a bit of a coincidence though that the last reported interest other than Hardy was from the country the people who took it off Hardy were from. My best guess would be that their dad was toying with the idea of owning an English club with his sons involved, he quickly went off the idea but the sons were still keen and the timing was better for them 2nd time around.