+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Yates and Grant for £100k - says AH

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think the Danes link first came about when Sven was trying to find us a buyer prior to Trew, Ludo Mobile or something like that rings a bell. Can’t remember any mention of Danes after that but then my memory is not the best.

Notts County: Danish billionaire's interest supported by rival

1 March 2016

A bid by an unnamed Danish billionaire to buy Notts County could lead to the withdrawal of local interest in a takeover, reports BBC Nottingham Sport.

Notts owner Ray Trew is keen to sell to Alan Hardy, chief executive of the Paragon Group and owner of the Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35696066

Note the date, almost a year before the club was eventually sold.
    Trew probably exaggerated the Danish interest to put pressure on Hardy who did go public, said that a billionaire sounded great news for Notts and good luck, and then, surprise surprise, that was the end of the Danish interest.

It is a bit of a coincidence though that the last reported interest other than Hardy was from the country the people who took it off Hardy were from. My best guess would be that their dad was toying with the idea of owning an English club with his sons involved, he quickly went off the idea but the sons were still keen and the timing was better for them 2nd time around.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Notts County: Danish billionaire's interest supported by rival

1 March 2016

A bid by an unnamed Danish billionaire to buy Notts County could lead to the withdrawal of local interest in a takeover, reports BBC Nottingham Sport.

Notts owner Ray Trew is keen to sell to Alan Hardy, chief executive of the Paragon Group and owner of the Nottinghamshire Golf and Country Club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35696066

Note the date, almost a year before the club was eventually sold.
    Trew probably exaggerated the Danish interest to put pressure on Hardy who did go public, said that a billionaire sounded great news for Notts and good luck, and then, surprise surprise, that was the end of the Danish interest.

It is a bit of a coincidence though that the last reported interest other than Hardy was from the country the people who took it off Hardy were from. My best guess would be that their dad was toying with the idea of owning an English club with his sons involved, he quickly went off the idea but the sons were still keen and the timing was better for them 2nd time around.
    Ah yes, thanks UTM. Completely forgot that and there is definitely a tinge of coincidence like you say.

BTW your carousel site is down again, can you remind me of your other url please. Cheers.

Only fair to ask what would have happened had Hardy withdrawn his interest in Notts in January 2017. As much as it's hard to see how Hardy could have succeeded, it's just as difficult to imagine how we could have avoided non-league if he'd walked away.

All he did was delay the inevitable. Whether or not we'd be two years further on the road to recovery by now would depend on just how much more or less damaging things might have become with Trew still trying to offload the club into 2018.
    A very good point UTM. I'm sure someone would have come in at the 11th hour and rescued the club, someone always does.

I do know at various times we've been available there have been more than one seriously interested party willing to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Ah yes, thanks UTM. Completely forgot that and there is definitely a tinge of coincidence like you say.

BTW your carousel site is down again, can you remind me of your other url please. Cheers.
    http://tvset.byethost12.com/utm/maggies00.html

The other host passed the monthly 5gb traffic limit in record time, it usually goes down during the last few days of the month, not before the half-way point! Must be due to lockdown and more people spending time online.

http://tvset.byethost12.com/utm/maggies00.html

The other host passed the monthly 5gb traffic limit in record time, it usually goes down during the last few days of the month, not before the half-way point! Must be due to lockdown and more people spending time online.
    Thanks, nice to know you’re getting the clicks!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A very good point UTM. I'm sure someone would have come in at the 11th hour and rescued the club, someone always does.

I do know at various times we've been available there have been more than one seriously interested party willing to buy.
    That's probably what Bury fans thought.

It's all speculation, but my guess is that it was the present owners who were interested before, Trew used Hardy to try to push the price up so they said no. (I don't blame them). Then Trew had to go cap in hand to Hardy.

Probably.

But at Notts as I said I personally knew of one party that would come in and make sure we didn't precede the sad demise of Bury situation. That BBC documentary on them was very insightful

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    The start to that season aside he still deserved to lose his job.

The second half of the season before , coupled with his own (supposed) poor conduct and poor discipline of the players....and the terrible football...were all very good reasons to see the back of him.

He, along with hardy, sewed the seeds for what transpired later on. If we’re talking about mistakes then sacking Harry Kewell should get a mention.
    And Hardy,s biggest mistake of all appointing Neil Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    And Hardy,s biggest mistake of all appointing Neil Ardley
    Boom boom.

Phew! I was getting a little concerned for Davy's health.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast