+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hirst is staying so ......

Not done enough when he has started or came off the bench to deserve a starting berth. I think you could make an argument that he has been given enough chances already, can't see the argument that we've done the lad a disservice. There is talent there but he needs his first goal badly - as does Vass. No question for me, if ladapo and smith are fit, they start. If we go one up top then pick between them.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Another thought is that PW and the coaching staff observe him all week in training and make a decision on how much game time he's given based upon that.

Most of us don't see what they see
    Of course that’s true I’d be worried otherwise but doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on what we see does it?
    Think I’ve already mentioned that Barker did say when Hirst came in that they don’t expect him to be ready to around January so hopefully we’ll get to see some more of Hirst soon.

Anyway it’s what they do on the pitch and getting the points that matters surely
    Last edited by millertop; 12-01-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Notice over at Bramhall Lane Billy Sharp isn't getting a game. So he's crap then?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Notice over at Bramhall Lane Billy Sharp isn't getting a game. So he's crap then?
    Could do a job in championship or lower

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Could do a job in championship or lower
    Not with us though

Hirst reminds me of Greg halford. As in I'm not sure which style suits his play. He doesn't like the ball in the air, he doesn't like it over the top. He doesn't have pace to run the channels. What I have seen is he's always on the move and he's active not reactive. If he's staying then Hopefully he will come good

There’s always better out there but it’s getting them here
    He’s definitely not a target man, I’d say more a poacher but with better skill/intelligence or will be given time
    Bit like Derbyshire who also had his critics

That’s just my opinion, it’s up to him to prove himself or he’ll just end up being a lower league player
    If GH is a poacher he'd better start improving pretty quickly otherwise his family are going to starve to death. His senior record, not just with us, suggests that at this level he doesn't have the poacher's instinct like ALF or Mark Robins.

Of course that’s true I’d be worried otherwise but doesn’t mean we can’t have an opinion on what we see does it?
    Think I’ve already mentioned that Barker did say when Hirst came in that they don’t expect him to be ready to around January so hopefully we’ll get to see some more of Hirst soon.

Anyway it’s what they do on the pitch and getting the points that matters surely
    Ready to what around January?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    That's too obvious, it's better to invent conspiracy theories that make Warne look weak and incompetent.
    Over the years many many many fantastic footballers have been let go by managers who deemed a player not good enough without even giving them a chance. Without actually giving him a run of games I, you or even our manager will not know the answer to the question of is he good enough or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    At least Hirst has hair young Brin...

Start him alongside Smith on Saturday although I'm not holding my breath that he will.
    They won't get the best out of Hirst or Ladapo, their not playing to their strengths.
    Hoofball back to front just to lose the ball and it just keeps coming back.
    The sooner Chieo comes back the better. let's hope he's not lost any of that pace he had.
    Hirst does have potential, it's getting the best out of him at present.
    Fift.een minutes here and there isn't working.
    Shyte or bust on Saturday, go for it PW.
    Hey up Casper. Hope you're well.
    We haven't been playing hoofball all season. Ladapo scored goals whan we played ball on the floor and the only striker that wasn't in form during that period was Smith. He's definately in form now.

Hirst has been a disapointment but like folk have said, he hasn't had the chance of a run in the team but can we afford that? I'd suggest not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast