+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hirst is staying so ......

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Hey up Casper. Hope you're well.
    We haven't been playing hoofball all season. Ladapo scored goals whan we played ball on the floor and the only striker that wasn't in form during that period was Smith. He's definately in form now.

Hirst has been a disapointment but like folk have said, he hasn't had the chance of a run in the team but can we afford that? I'd suggest not.
    Hi froggy,
    I'm recuperating fine, should be back on grass in a couple of weeks and back in full training by mid February.

I'm not saying we're hoofballing all the time, far from it.
    On our day we're as good as anyone. I'm saying play to our strengths, knock the ball in at chest height or to feet.
    We have the players capable of so much more.
    Annoying quotes like " I like my wingers" wind me up because we're not playing out and out wingers. Get Miller involved this Saturday and Hirst, let's see what they're capable of from the start.
    U T M.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Hey up Casper. Hope you're well.
    We haven't been playing hoofball all season. Ladapo scored goals whan we played ball on the floor and the only striker that wasn't in form during that period was Smith. He's definately in form now.

Hirst has been a disapointment but like folk have said, he hasn't had the chance of a run in the team but can we afford that? I'd suggest not.
    I agree with this.

If Hirst has been playing badly why play him more? with this line of thinking we will be relegated, lets stick all the poor performers in the team then just to see if they are still cr@p ....this is something Wan would come up with

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I agree with this.

If Hirst has been playing badly why play him more? with this line of thinking we will be relegated, lets stick all the poor performers in the team then just to see if they are still cr@p ....this is something Wan would come up with
    I agree in principle but I would like to see Hirst given a start alongside Smith but if that doesn't work we can't keep persevering with him in the hope he comes good.
    He's not our player and we can't afford to invest too much more time in him, I'd rather the coaches spent more effort on trying to make Ladapo more effective.

We send players out on loan so that they get game time to further their development

However we've borrowed Hirst and he's hardly played.

Doing that might mean persuading players to come to us on loan becomes more difficult than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    There’s always better out there but it’s getting them here
    He’s definitely not a target man, I’d say more a poacher but with better skill/intelligence or will be given time
    Bit like Derbyshire who also had his critics

That’s just my opinion, it’s up to him to prove himself or he’ll just end up being a lower league player
    George Hirst couldnt lace Matt Derbyshires boots, and never will do while ever hes got a hole in his HARRIS. But thats just my opinion. UTM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234