+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everton Match Day

Cutrone on for Silva.

should give the baggies a bit of hope for saturday

Used to never fear conceding a goal from a set piece or cross due to Coady and Boly....now it seems like it happens regularly

We deserved a draw at least. Hard to take. Must beat the Albion on Saturday.

Just saw that we only have one league win since Jimenez went down. And in every single matche, we conceded first. Hard to win when you’re constantly have to play from behind. Especially with an attack that is without its best player.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    We deserved a draw at least. Hard to take.
    don't agree george... this wolves side seldom looks like scoring...my prediction of finishing 14th might be a bit optimistic.
    you can have all the possession in the world and play pretty footie , but if you can't find the net , you are scoobied.
    silva must be dropped for the next game, let somebody else have a go.
    wolves no longer making any progress, in fact going backwards..

disappointed we lost deffo...surprised we lost , not at all.

Poor, poor defending for both their goals. Semedo for the first and Dendonker turning his back on the cross for the second. We are toothless up front with the injuries taking their toll. I know Nuno likes a small squad but this squad is too small. We desperately need a striker, and I think a box to box midfielder to challenge Dendonker.

I don't think we deserved to lose tonight but we can't keep starting slowly and gifting teams a lead. It feels like we're always starting 1-0 down.

I feel sorry for Silva, he's getting dogs abuse on social media but it isn't his fault the price tag is so high. He wasn't meant to come straight into the side and I'm still unsure about Cutrone. Semedo for me was the weak link tonight, he has one good game in 3, and for all Alt Nouri's forward nous he can't defend.

Feeling really disappointed at tonight's result, the only highlight for me was Neves once again was the stand out performer.

To a point I can understand everyone's frustration with recent results. But we need to stop and take a deep breath and realise that after three years with hardly an injury's, we now have a glut of them.

Nuno, likes a small squad, with the younger players making up the bench and gaining occasional playing time. However, the unprecedented injury list is causing young players to be thrown into the Premiership cauldron. Last nights game against Everton saw six seasoned Internationals missing from the line up. The team that played, needs a great deal of credit to take Everton, who are challenging for Europe, to such a close game.

The Sky commentary was so biased towards Everton and their few injuries, little or no mention to our situation. Take six Internationals out of any Premiership team and most would struggle. The young lads are certainly going to make us a force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future.

When we get certain players back our results will improve, and personally i think we will be safe and finish mid table. Jimenez being the biggest loss. I would have liked to see the Everton defenders facing up to Traore last night, he was a big loss.

Some supporters are wetting themselves on social media, calling for Nuno to go, blasting several players, and terrified that we may loose to the Albion.

Get real folks, it's a game of football. Over 80,000 have perished with the Corona Virus. I am more concerned with human survival, than a football Club loosing a game.

Well Abbo. no one could ever accuse you of not having your feet firmly on the ground.

I forecast that we would finish 14th when we had the pre season prediction thread, I still think we will finish between 10th and 14th, hopefully. Of course we miss Jiminez, but remember we weren't exactly setting the world alight before he was injured. I think Nuno is looking for a new style of play to take us up a notch from the commendable 7th place finishes we have had. But it aint easy, especially with the injuries we have accumulated. In transition we certainly are and at the top level that is always a risky business, it is a very unforgiving environment. Unfortunately patience is a very rare commodity these days, just read some of the other forums!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)