+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Austin

Austin

Has put QPR 1-0 up

Law of sod innit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    Law of sod innit!

Not really! His legs might have gone but more times than not if he’s fed - he will score! Did not get the service with us because of a really s hit midfield!

Austin would always score more than the Welsh International because even with legs gone and age - receive the service then he knows where the net is! Austin would be a decent forward in the championship only if he gets the service. Kanu for me is an average championship player at best but still not a goal scorer so a luxury but hey he holds the ball up well!
    Last edited by baggieal; 12-01-2021 at 08:38 PM.

Don’t mean Zip. Not good enough.

I have to say that I have seen Oliver Burke playing for a poor Sheffield United side at least 3 times this season as a centre forward.

I know it isn’t saying a lot but he looks so much sharper than any of the players who have played upfront for us and I include Grant.

Yes, but despite that sharpness and his electric pace, he has but one goal to his name. You never know, though, he may well come good, especially in the Championship next season against us!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I have to say that I have seen Oliver Burke playing for a poor Sheffield United side at least 3 times this season as a centre forward.

I know it isn’t saying a lot but he looks so much sharper than any of the players who have played upfront for us and I include Grant.
    That’s very true Yarm, he fast, strong, energetic etc - not the best of touches and huge problems scoring, of course, but compared to our so called forwards... Let’s say, he causes more problems for opposing defenders than ours do.

Austin was probably our only proper forward - yes, past it at PL-level, but a through and through striker, who can (still) score with the proper service.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Yes, but despite that sharpness and his electric pace, he has but one goal to his name. You never know, though, he may well come good, especially in the Championship next season against us!
    Again Kets totally agree and he doesn’t look good enough for the PL to me.

That said I do think he has more energy and looks more of a player than all of the ones who have played upfront for us this season.

I do think it is a pity we didn’t manage to get more out of him than we did. However it is also greatly up to the player and for whatever reason maybe he just didn’t do enough to warrant more opportunities with us.

Burke is complete rubbish. How anyone can even question that is beyond me. People will be saying "maybe he'll come good" when he's 46.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Burke is complete rubbish. How anyone can even question that is beyond me. People will be saying "maybe he'll come good" when he's 46.

I agree but for sure Sheffield United would rather have Burke than the Welsh International

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)