+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MB / next season / ?

MB / next season / ?

Unless we have complete meltdown, 2nd season in Prem, is looking more than likely, and well deserved.
    Yes its only Jan, but with Bielsa, nothing is normal, predictable or logical, come May, will be interesting. Apart from a few, his contract details are unknown, does he have the long term ambition to push the club further, will he get the funds required, could it be job done, or will another club / project tempt him elsewhere.
    If, things did change come May, lets hope Radz & co, havent"t been caught with their pants down - club not known for its lighting reactions re managers / players, and with the dreaded " second season syndrome " looming, much could hinge on decisions taken pre-season.

Who knows with him as he isn't called crazy for a reason. I think the club would want him to continue as most supporters but who knows.

I honestly think if Radz keeps backing him and giving him what he wants he will stay another year, it would be a crying shame for him to leave without a full season in the Prem with the ground packed and a good squad to give it a shot.

All this team needs in my eyes is a bit more invesement in a few key areas and we could challenge for top 6, not top 4 but we could give an outside Europa League spot a go.

Way I see it is this is a good solid easily top 10 team/challenge top 6 if the blank areas are invested in. We all know our weakness is defending, particularly getting over run in midfield and the not having defenders who can cope with crosses. I'm aware we haven't seen much of Llorente but Bielsa clearly rates him so he has to be decent and Koch until his injury was getting better and better. I've not included Dallas as to me he can play anywhere and would be invaluable to us, but I still think we need a genuine left back on that side.

GK- Meslier
    RB- Ayling/ Dallas
    CB- Llorente
    CB- Koch
    LB-
    CDM- Phillips
    CM-
    CM- Klich
    RW- Raphinha
    ST- Rodrigo/ Bamford.......I say Rodrigo as I'm still interested to see what he'd be like as the main man up front.
    LW- Harrison

However if Bielsa does leave, what a man. He has changed this club from top to bottom and give us a great platform, I just hope if he doesn't want to do another season we know in good time so the club can actively target our next manager rather than panic in June. Wonder who we would go for? How do you improve on the best? Gerrard?

They will want to keepBielsa as we need investment in players if he does stay but if he goes we will need much more money spent as only he can work the miracles with our current squad.
    Agree with previous post that 2 or 3 real class signings would make us a team capable of challenging for a Europa place.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I honestly think if Radz keeps backing him and giving him what he wants he will stay another year, it would be a crying shame for him to leave without a full season in the Prem with the ground packed and a good squad to give it a shot.

All this team needs in my eyes is a bit more invesement in a few key areas and we could challenge for top 6, not top 4 but we could give an outside Europa League spot a go.

Way I see it is this is a good solid easily top 10 team/challenge top 6 if the blank areas are invested in. We all know our weakness is defending, particularly getting over run in midfield and the not having defenders who can cope with crosses. I'm aware we haven't seen much of Llorente but Bielsa clearly rates him so he has to be decent and Koch until his injury was getting better and better. I've not included Dallas as to me he can play anywhere and would be invaluable to us, but I still think we need a genuine left back on that side.

GK- Meslier
    RB- Ayling/ Dallas
    CB- Llorente
    CB- Koch
    LB-
    CDM- Phillips
    CM-
    CM- Klich
    RW- Raphinha
    ST- Rodrigo/ Bamford.......I say Rodrigo as I'm still interested to see what he'd be like as the main man up front.
    LW- Harrison
    👍

I like Harrison but he needs to kick on again and make the good performances the normal standard and suspect we could improve with someone who can consistently cross into danger areas.

Think we need more options upfront too, Bamford has got so much better but he lacks the pace and/or the clinical finishing the best strikers have.

Have you ever read soccernomics? Good analysis in that of how the weakest links in the team can drag the overall performance down backed up by statistical data.

We owe a lot to MB. However he march s to the best of a different drummer. Think the deciding factor for him will be how much he misses home.

I would guess he leaves if he misses it. He has improved his already large legacy

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    We owe a lot to MB. However he march s to the best of a different drummer. Think the deciding factor for him will be how much he misses home.

I would guess he leaves if he misses it. He has improved his already large legacy
    Yup agree - need to enjoy all the time he is here knowing it won’t last forever and accepting he has extreme positives and certain flaws.

My hope is he stays to see the new academy and stadium delivered and make us comfortably safe in the prem. from what is written it seems he likes Leeds ‘the project’ as much as Leeds the football team.

Have criticised Bielsa often enough and probably will again (pretty sure it doesn’t bother him tho) but would definitely not want him to leave.
    With his personality, humbleness and life values, you can’t but love him. He’s turned Leeds 180 and made a whole new generation of fans and friends. Can you imagine, people actually liking Leeds?
    Just wish he would learn to balance our style of play a bit, to adapt better to the British game. I felt personally that the scum result and the recent Crawley one were a real kick in the teeth and perhaps he doesn’t understand what results like that mean to the grassroots supporter.
    Or is it a case of him working to whatever players strengths and abilities he has available.
    Or is it a case of the old dog and new tricks scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Ask the Crawley defenders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)