+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Dissident

In all honesty, Benny, I've got to say I'm probably not going to watch it.

Will it make me change my views on them for the worse? Probably, based on what you've said. Will it change my mind about wanting them to complete the takeover? absolutely not. I don't think many people doubt that there are high-up elements of the Saudis who are an extremely nasty bunch, but I also think there are people who are desperate to engage and to help the country change.

But, I'm not sure any of us have the heart for this discussion right now, Benny, because every thought on the matter is entirely redundant unless the takeover becomes a live issue again. I agree, it is worth discussing...but not at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Will it make me change my views on them for the worse? Probably, based on what you've said. Will it change my mind about wanting them to complete the takeover? absolutely not. I don't think many people doubt that there are high-up elements of the Saudis who are an extremely nasty bunch, but I also think there are people who are desperate to engage and to help the country change.

But, I'm not sure any of us have the heart for this discussion right now, Benny, because every thought on the matter is entirely redundant unless the takeover becomes a live issue again. I agree, it is worth discussing...but not at the moment.
    Personally I think the whole subject has been done to death on here. How many threads about this as he hoyed up here now. Its bait if you ask me to wind up a volatile fanbase as we are at the moment. And yet again I will say it, I won't and haven't shed a tear for a terrorist sympathiser like that journalist with his fake fiancé
    Maybe more concern should be given for the thousands that are losing their lives to covid. I look forward to him putting threads up about who was and is to blame for this. Will he fùck because it won't get the desired reaction.
    And for the record, any Newcastle fan that tries to wind up and score points off fellow fans for the failed takeover and predicament of the club is nothing short of a cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

Fair enough.

Movie just came out hence the post.

Seems like quite a harmless thread to me?

When it comes to the Pboro or Ghostrider level of winding folks up, it's gone too far. But to have a different opinion from your own on a matter that divides people so much in general, and where it's hard to tell right from wrong, that's a different thing. We should have room for that.

Hey, let's just all agree here; Bruce is one sh!tty coach.

To be honest, Geordie, I really didn't-and don't see it as that sort of thread. I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly but I genuinely don't believe Benny is doing anything of the sort. It's clear that this issue is a big sticking point for him and I think he's concerned enough to want to discuss it on here.

As I said, though, there isn't the will to discuss it at the moment because everyone is so fucked off with the club at the moment and discussing the one thing that could have changed the whole future of the club but which has been denied us (at present) is the last thing on people's minds.

It's probably the 3rd or 4th on this subject he's put up. Let's agree to disagree. For the record anyway he blocked me for having a different opinion. I am not that childish.
    Difference of opinion this thread isn't. It's got a bit of 'I am glad the takeover never went through and **** all of you that wanted it " theme about it.

And Zip, why is it only the Saudis that outrage the idiot. Every single Royal Family and Govt in the world has blood on its hands either in the present and definitely the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    And Zip, why is it only the Saudis that outrage the idiot. Every single Royal Family and Govt in the world has blood on its hands either in the present and definitely the past.
    Maybe they do (outrage him) but these are the only ones trying to buy us.

But, your point is correct and is why, if it ever happens, I'll be embracing the takeover as fully as I can.

Personally I think the whole subject has been done to death on here. How many threads about this as he hoyed up here now. Its bait if you ask me to wind up a volatile fanbase as we are at the moment. And yet again I will say it, I won't and haven't shed a tear for a terrorist sympathiser like that journalist with his fake fiancé
    Maybe more concern should be given for the thousands that are losing their lives to covid. I look forward to him putting threads up about who was and is to blame for this. Will he fùck because it won't get the desired reaction.
    And for the record, any Newcastle fan that tries to wind up and score points off fellow fans for the failed takeover and predicament of the club is nothing short of a cùnt.
    I didn't know Khashoggi was a terrorist sympathiser, I thought he was writing uncomfortable columns in US papers about MBS. Ah feck, i'm going to have to watch it now.

Every single Royal Family and Govt in the world has blood on its hands either in the present and definitely the past.
    ^^^ this ^^^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)