+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    And Zip, why is it only the Saudis that outrage the idiot. Every single Royal Family and Govt in the world has blood on its hands either in the present and definitely the past.
    Let’s not let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I didn't know Khashoggi was a terrorist sympathiser, .
    Oh, hugely....mates with Bin Laden and the Al-Qaida founder, supported Hamas. Will be interesting to see if this angle is covered in that film.

You'll have to tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    To be honest, Geordie, I really didn't-and don't see it as that sort of thread. I agree with your last sentence wholeheartedly but I genuinely don't believe Benny is doing anything of the sort. It's clear that this issue is a big sticking point for him and I think he's concerned enough to want to discuss it on here.

As I said, though, there isn't the will to discuss it at the moment because everyone is so fucked off with the club at the moment and discussing the one thing that could have changed the whole future of the club but which has been denied us (at present) is the last thing on people's minds.
    Genuinely just wanted to discuss given the movie just came out. Definitely not trying to wind people up.

Judging by your reply and the fact I see a lot of hidden replies in this thread from someone on my ignore list, they have taken this thread rather personally. Honestly not my intention and I honestly thought that guy put me on his ignore list too given how heated things got between us with threads being derailed and him suggesting we meet up in person to sort out our differences.

Personally I think the takeover will go through by the end of the year if Bruce doesn’t sink us. I still haven’t done a 180 on it though.
    Last edited by BenArfa10; 13-01-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Oh, hugely....mates with Bin Laden and the Al-Qaida founder, supported Hamas. Will be interesting to see if this angle is covered in that film.

You'll have to tell me.
    Wasn’t mentioned that they were close mates. If I’m not mistaken he did criticise him after 9/11 and I don’t believe he ever condoned terror.

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    I still haven’t done a 180 on it.
    And nor should you given the way you feel about it.

All i would add is that Geordie's point about every regime (including ones you would rate as 'legitimate') being guilty of some awful stuff is spot on and if you let this particular bunch's bad habits ruin your enjoyment of the club you clearly love then that would be a huge shame.

And nor should you given the way you feel about it.

All i would add is that Geordie's point about every regime (including ones you would rate as 'legitimate') being guilty of some awful stuff is spot on and if you let this particular bunch's bad habits ruin your enjoyment of the club you clearly love then that would be a huge shame.
    I agree no regime in the world is without sin. The American Empire has to be the one with the most blood on its hands since the end of WWII.

My problem here is that the link is just too close for comfort, like 2 or 3 people removed. I’ll still support my team come Matchday but if fans of other clubs want to level criticism at us for where our newfound success is coming from I’m not going to get angry and conspiratorial about it like Man City fans because they have a very valid point.

You'll have to tell me.
    Yep, Khashoggi used to do public/press relations for Bin Laden back when he was in exile in Sudan and his early days in Afghanistan, but fell out after 9/11. Doesn't condone his gruesome murder but he was certainly not some whiter than white journalist that wrote a few disapproving articles.

Do I think that Saudi is a horrible regime? Yes. Do I think that they would have made good owners of Newcastle United? Also yes, and I still hope they become so. Am I a hypocrite, possibly, but I don't think anything is truly black or white. Well, apart from the obvious, and also my cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamand View Post
    Yep, Khashoggi used to do public/press relations for Bin Laden back when he was in exile in Sudan and his early days in Afghanistan, but fell out after 9/11.
    Pretty good reason for falling out with someone, that.

You'll have to tell me.
    Too much spam on the link. However, reading up on Mr Khashoggi tells me he was deep in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Too much spam on the link. However, reading up on Mr Khashoggi tells me he was deep in it.
    Ad-blocker for your internet browser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)