+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The ONLY reason I feel inclined to support Bruce at the moment...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The ONLY reason I feel inclined to support Bruce at the moment...

...is the fact that should we go down, I don't think Mike will sell the club as it then will be less worth than what he knows he can get for it.

I cannot find any other reason, other than it feels better to want the team you love to win than to lose. Sometimes I've hoped for the latter with a brighter future in mind.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    ...is the fact that should we go down, I don't think Mike will sell the club as it then will be less worth than what he knows he can get for it.

I cannot find any other reason, other than it feels better to want the team you love to win than to lose. Sometimes I've hoped for the latter with a brighter future in mind.

Thoughts?
    I may be stating the obvious but if you want your team to win & thus stay up (giving oxygen to any proposed takeover) then you need a competent manager in situ.Cabbageheed is clearly not that manager & the sooner Ashley realises it, the sooner his investment may be protected !

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I may be stating the obvious but if you want your team to win & thus stay up (giving oxygen to any proposed takeover) then you need a competent manager in situ.Cabbageheed is clearly not that manager & the sooner Ashley realises it, the sooner his investment may be protected !
    He will push the button when its to late and were doomed to relegation and no takeover, he needs to go now before its to late.Im hoping with the news the takeover wont happen if we go down will spur Ashley on to sack coco the clown and save his finances.

What you forget is that a competent manager is more expensive than Bruce. And Bruce keps us up last season. And Mike knows f*ck all about football. So there's only one hope = stay up, switch owner.

What you forget is that a competent manager is more expensive than Bruce. And Bruce keps us up last season. And Mike knows f*ck all about football. So there's only one hope = stay up, switch owner.
    I suspect that this time, with arbitration taking shape, he will be reluctant to leave things to chance.With the Arsenal game looming & yet another defeat I fully expect him to be gone sooner rather than later.

I suspect that this time, with arbitration taking shape, he will be reluctant to leave things to chance.With the Arsenal game looming & yet another defeat I fully expect him to be gone sooner rather than later.
    I hope you're right.

I think if we go down, he won't change his price evaluation and PIF will walk.

The only question that needs answering is whether the PIF are still willing buyers or not.
    If they are not then it’ll be better to be relegated as it’s the only way that Ashley will be forced to lower his asking price. I don’t think it’ll be easy to find another willing to pay 300 million even if we are in the PL.

I agree, the only thing that matters is that Ashley leaves Newcastle and we need to accept whatever it takes to see that happening. The sheep in our support have already made the real supporters suffer for too long.

Thoughts?
    That’s no reason to stick with a clueless manager that is clearly taking us in one direction.

Urgent action needs to be taken. If Lee Charnley fails to pull the trigger immediately this time, then there is no hope. We’re done for.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)