+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who is Ashley listening to?

Who is Ashley listening to?

I've read two things over the last couple of days which have a bearing on whether fatso will pull the plug on Bruce but they're at odds with each other and now I can't make up my mind which will hold sway over him.

The first was something Tanya said about looking at the data in his businees and acting on it. Every metric of any importance has us regressing and at or near the bottom of every important table-expected goals, possession, shots against, shots for...all that sort of thing. There is every indication that this is going to be another relegation season so, if Ashley has people in his business analysing the data, surely they'll be telling him that he needs to get rid.

The second thing was just a throwaway line in the Chronicle about Ashley liking Bruce and the pair getting along very well. Now, as we know, fatso is clueless about football-he has proved it so many times that it's beyond question. I mean, look at his most recent bit of idiocy-signing Joelinton as a 'present' for his new manager.
    So, if he's not being advised by football people and he's not got folk showing him the downward trends in all the data (I dunno, he might) then the person he'll be asking will be Bruce and Bruce will feed him the same shite he's been feeding us about how we're actually progressing and that his way is the only way and that it's still Rafa's fault...and because they get on (and there's no doubt, Bruce is an affable guy who people seem to like) then what's to say that won't be enough to sway Ashley and make him delay sacking him until it's too late.

I'm conflicted (because after last night I was thinking 'oh, well that's almost it for Mrs Doubrfire, surely Ashley will have to act now).

And don't call me Shirley.

I think if the takeover wasn't potentially still in the back ground you're 100%.

However, take with a big pinch of salt.

With that in in the background and he's got that QC talking to him, it might just be enough for him to look at the downward trends.

Or he won't he'll follow his gut, which none of us can predict and **** knows what will happen.

All you need to remember is that Fat boy is concerned about only one thing: money. (Getting on well with Bruce means nothing).

And as if by magic, this has just appeared on .com.

Sections of the media are finally beginning to see what's going on (although maybe they;ve always seen it but are only now starting to change their tune)

https://tinyurl.com/y4llaep5

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    All you need to remember is that Fat boy is concerned about only one thing: money. (Getting on well with Bruce means nothing).
    No, I agree with that...it's more a question of 'is Ashley listening to Bruce as his main source of info on what's going on'?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No, I agree with that...it's more a question of 'is Ashley listening to Bruce as his main source of info on what's going on'?
    I don’t think he would listen just to Bruce. It’s pretty obvious what he’ll be saying and Ashley isn’t that stupid. The tea-boy may chip in when permitted to speak and I’m sure Bishop will have his spies.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)