+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matt Olosunde/Liam Lindsay/Billy Sharp/Josh Kayode

Matt Olosunde/Liam Lindsay/Billy Sharp/Josh Kayode

Back-page stories from today's Advertiser.

https://bit.ly/2LMMx03

Courtesy of the Tizer.

ROTHERHAM United are preparing to open talks with Matt Olosunde about a new deal to keep him at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and the club have signalled their intent to begin discussions over extending his stay.

Manager Paul Warne, in the midst of a second-tier survival fight, is in no rush to conclude negotiations as he also considers the futures of other players whose contracts are due to expire in the summer.

So Warne's in no rush to keep a player who can only get better, is young and as shown recently, has great potential. Have we got the rights to extend his contract for another year? Not sure if this was covered the other day. I hope my latter question is correct if not, let's just open the floodgates for him to be approached and snapped up by another club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Courtesy of the Tizer.

ROTHERHAM United are preparing to open talks with Matt Olosunde about a new deal to keep him at AESSEAL New York Stadium.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and the club have signalled their intent to begin discussions over extending his stay.

Manager Paul Warne, in the midst of a second-tier survival fight, is in no rush to conclude negotiations as he also considers the futures of other players whose contracts are due to expire in the summer.

So Warne's in no rush to keep a player who can only get better, is young and as shown recently, has great potential. Have we got the rights to extend his contract for another year? Not sure if this was covered the other day. I hope my latter question is correct if not, let's just open the floodgates for him to be approached and snapped up by another club.
    I shake my head at the continual bile aimed at Warne.

Lockdown giving people too much time to invent insults.

Courtesy of the Tizer.

He’ll use the extension then give him a new contract I’m guessing which hopefully means we’re not letting him go this season unless silly money is thrown about

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I shake my head at the continual bile aimed at Warne.

Lockdown giving people too much time to invent insults.
    Why is this 'bile' aimed at Warne? I'm merely pointing out what has been released in the press AND you haven't answered my question, in that do the club have the right to invoke a 12 month extension. If so, then it all makes sense not to rush negotiations.

Instead of rushing in to answer my post can you source the answer to my question? Trust you're having a good day

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    He’ll use the extension then give him a new contract I’m guessing which hopefully means we’re not letting him go this season unless silly money is thrown about
    MT, thanks for that which now makes sense and no 'bile' was aimed at Warne, just a concern as to how it read. Had the extension part to Olosundae's contract been mentioned, then this post wouldn't exist.

Why is this 'bile' aimed at Warne? I'm merely pointing out what has been released in the press AND you haven't answered my question, in that do the club have the right to invoke a 12 month extension. If so, then it all makes sense not to rush negotiations.

Instead of rushing in to answer my post can you source the answer to my question? Trust you're having a good day
    Actually Brin, I will withdraw that comment. And apologies. I misread the intention of your first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Actually Brin, I will withdraw that comment. And apologies. I misread the intention of your first sentence.
    Thank you duly noted.

Courtesy of the Tizer.

PW also elaborates to say MO needs to do it week in and week out and needs to show consitency
    He's been with us quite a while now but hasn't really replicated what he did at Everton

RUFC are just being careful because quite a few fans clamoured for handing out improved contracts to Joe Newell when he only turned up for one game in six or so. One good game and we should tie him down on a four year contract. Crazy

That's why some very good players end up in the lower divisions because they can't produce great quality week in week out

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    PW also elaborates to say MO needs to do it week in and week out and needs to show consitency
    He's been with us quite a while now but hasn't really replicated what he did at Everton

RUFC are just being careful because quite a few fans clamoured for handing out improved contracts to Joe Newell when he only turned up for one game in six or so. One good game and we should tie him down on a four year contract. Crazy

That's why some very good players end up in the lower divisions because they can't produce great quality week in week out
    Funny how perceptions of a player changes after the score.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast