+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News On WBA53 - John Rowland.

News On WBA53 - John Rowland.

I’m sad to announce that our friend and respected poster WBA53 passed away in August 2019 from cancer.

I had a reply from his son James today informing me of this sad news, I think we all suspected the worst but nonetheless very sad.

James said that he hopes everyone will raise a glass of ale at some point to his old man’s memory and I know this will be something many will want to do once life returns to normal and we can meet pre match.

I’m sure even Des will break his newfound teetotal regime in such a good cause😏

I’ve told James about the match day thread his dad always started and that it’s been continued in his memory, I think we all agree that this continue for as long as this forum continues.

Some of you may remember that 53 was not overly impressed when I asked him if his Avatar picture was a picture of himself when he was younger 😆😆

It was of course Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac who John loved and got me interested in for which I’ll be eternally grateful.

It feels appropriate therefore to add a musical link to which I know John would approve.

RIP WBA53 - John Rowland - Our friend.

https://youtu.be/-nMGJSHZIw4

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m sad to announce that our friend and respected poster WBA53 passed away in August 2019 from cancer.

I had a reply from his son James today informing me of this sad news, I think we all suspected the worst but nonetheless very sad.

James said that he hopes everyone will raise a glass of ale at some point to his old man’s memory and I know this will be something many will want to do once life returns to normal and we can meet pre match.

I’m sure even Des will break his newfound teetotal regime in such a good cause😏

I’ve told James about the match day thread his dad always started and that it’s been continued in his memory, I think we all agree that this continue for as long as this forum continues.

Some of you may remember that 53 was not overly impressed when I asked him if his Avatar picture was a picture of himself when he was younger 😆😆

It was of course Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac who John loved and got me interested in for which I’ll be eternally grateful.

It feels appropriate therefore to add a musical link to which I know John would approve.

RIP WBA53 - John Rowland - Our friend.

https://youtu.be/-nMGJSHZIw4
    Sad news, but as you say, what many may have suspected.

Thanks for the info and your effort Mick.

R I P WBA 53.

Very sad news Mick at least we now all know - Thanks Mick for your effort in finally resolving the matter.

Just checked my FB page and found a message sent to me from his son which Im sure he wont mind me sharing
    ---
    Hi there Phil mate,

Yeah Mick also reached out to me yesterday too (don't know if you know him, but knowing how great the WBA community is I'm assuming so).

I'm sorry to report that he actually passed away in August 2019 following a battle with cancer. He put up a damn good fight though.

I'd be more than happy for you to share this sad news with your fellow baggies afficionados, but of course please ask them to drink an ale to his memory. This is what he would've wanted.

Also, it's heartening to know people were worried about him, so I hope you'll pass on my thanks for their concern. It's a sign of a live well lived when people notice your absence.

Do feel free to let me know if you have any questions, I'll be only too happy to help.

Kindest regards,

James

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Very sad news Mick at least we now all know - Thanks Mick for your effort in finally resolving the matter.
    Thanks for the info you provided that enabled me to track his son down Phil.

I’ve just had another message from his son James, I’d sent him a link to the forum and he’s already enjoyed having a look back at some of his dad’s posts.

James tells me he has now memorialised his dad’s FB page.

James is cheered to know that we’d missed his old man, it’s always a good sign about someone when their absence is noticed by so many.

Sad news indeed, my sincere condolences to his family. I will be more than happy to raise a glass (of ale) in his memory and it would be especially good to do so if we can do so together in a pub after this lockdown stuff is behind us.

RIP John Rowland.

R.I.P. to a fellow Son of Albion.
    A meet when things are back to normal would be a great idea.

Sad news indeed

RIP John

Please accept my condolences. RIP 53

That is so very sad but the news is what I had come to expect. John was a really great help to me when I first joined. RIP John.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)